New Download 2.11 software tonite (back to 6.20)

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
At 2 am my screen went blank, orange lights flashed and new download was in progress. Guess what software version 2.11. Is it beautiful of what, gone are the 5 second delays and black screen in between channel switches using dvi . The transition is smooth, program guide bar stays lit, and channel change is fluid like in old software. Thank you voom i was going crazy with the flickering and black screens. I had received version 2.10 about 10 days ago and it was a nightmare with dvi. My box kept on freezing and turning black on the screen between channel changes. This is a good upgrade.

VOOM is rolling everyone back to 6.20. That's what you should have now.

hmmm, we should Thank Voom for this?

I think I thank them enough with my monthly checks and sales tax payments.

It's more than Dish is willing to do. As an early adopter of their PVR 501, we suffered through darn near weekly downloads for months to try and straighten out that POS. Dish has a clear track record of downloading buggy software and not yanking it back, they make the end user suffer through the bugs until they can figure out a fix.

UM I never even got the "upgrade" to the 7.0 software. Are those of you getting the upgrade leaving your phone lines plugged in? I had an issue a month ago where my phone never rang! Not necessarily a bad thing right, less telemarketing calls, well come to find out the Voom box somehow had the phone line picked up and I had to un-plug it to get my phone back.

Only 10% (or so) of the customers have been upgraded from 6.20 to 7.0b and many of them complained. So VOOM is rolling back to 6.20 until some new issues are fixed. The next version update is expected in a week or two.

The phone line connection is not required for the software download.

Ilya any word what next upgrade will have

Ilya any inside info on what the next upgrade will adress. I am excited i hope it is in preparation for the dvr. I called customer service they said they are confident dvr will be out late November or early December. I am hoping we get it before Christmas. Hopefully Wealth Tv HD and Fox HD. Don't forget G4Tech Tv voom for all us gamers.

Sean Nice Avatar looks like Charlie Ergan's Reaction when Voom becomes Number One in the next few years. Happy Halloween Everyone

All I know is that it is supposed to address the DVI issues and other problems that some experienced in 7.0b. I don't have any other details.

calikarim said:
Ilya any inside info on what the next upgrade will adress. I am excited i hope it is in preparation for the dvr. I called customer service they said they are confident dvr will be out late November or early December. I am hoping we get it before Christmas. Hopefully Wealth Tv HD and Fox HD. Don't forget G4Tech Tv voom for all us gamers.

Sean Nice Avatar looks like Charlie Ergan's Reaction when Voom becomes Number One in the next few years. Happy Halloween Everyone

2 more weeks!!

ram1220 said:
2 more weeks!!

OK - anyone taking bets on which will happen first:
  • We have a president selected
  • We have a verdict on the Peterson trial
  • We have our new Voom firmware

bbtkd said:
OK - anyone taking bets on which will happen first:
  • We have a president selected
  • We have a verdict on the Peterson trial
  • We have our new Voom firmware
President elect (won't take more than a week to resolve any disputes), Peterson trial verdict (will take at least two weeks) and finally VOOM firmware (2-3 more weeks). Anyway, that's my guess!

My Voom boxes have been acting wierd lately, getting stuck when hit the Voom button, it flutters or goes black and gets stuck... stupid.

Well Voom has made me happy again. I got the upgrade/downgrade back to 6.20 and my stb has not locked up since. Now if they would just add INHD or BBC America I would be ecstatic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)