OTA locals to multiple televisions

dallasiahawk

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I am getting VOOM installed next week. Can I split the feed off of the VOOM supplied antenna to multiple televisions around my house? I am getting two STB from VOOM, which I imagine would be split off the antenna right away. I am probably using a diplexer because my house is already pre-wired with one coaxil to each location from the attic.

Would say 3 or 4 more splits make it impossible to get my OTA stations on VOOM or anywhere else?

I am 39 miles from the towers in Dallas, TX (live in Plano). All the stations are in one location at 190 degrees, I have a clear shot from a very tall 2 story house. Should I put the antenna in the attic or roof? Can the standard antenna handle this, etc?

Thanks

dallasiahawk said:
I am 39 miles from the towers in Dallas, TX (live in Plano). All the stations are in one location at 190 degrees, I have a clear shot from a very tall 2 story house. Should I put the antenna in the attic or roof? Can the standard antenna handle this, etc?

Thanks

I'm about 8 miles north east of Wylie (45 miles from towers, which are about 220 degrees from my location). I have an un-amplified channel master 3020 in my attic, and I get every station listed in the voom channel map for our area (and then some).

Here's what I do... I have the antenna input split. The first one goes into the Voom box antenna input. Then from the Voom box, I get the RF output and combine it with the other wire from the antenna split, and feed the combined signal to the rest of the house. That way I get all the OTA channels, and channel 3 as the output from the STB. Pretty cool!

-John

If you use a splitter before the diplexer at the antenna, make sure it passes DC.

jgantert said:
Here's what I do... I have the antenna input split. The first one goes into the Voom box antenna input. Then from the Voom box, I get the RF output and combine it with the other wire from the antenna split, and feed the combined signal to the rest of the house. That way I get all the OTA channels, and channel 3 as the output from the STB. Pretty cool!

-John

Do you not have any networks broadcasting on analog 2,3, or 4? We do in DFW, and channel 4 will tromp all over the channel 3 output of the STB (at least it did when I tried it). Alternative is to by an RF modulator that will put the output on an usused UHF channel.

I have 2 & 4. Both come in fine. Also I have a seperate line run for the antenna and dish, so no worries about splitting it before the diplexer. :)

It's kinda strange, I have a UHF antenna (Channel Master 4228, I think), and I can still get 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 13. Not that I'm complaining... heh

-John

occammd said:
If you use a splitter before the diplexer at the antenna, make sure it passes DC.
Where can I buy such a splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)