OTA Price.

jackson85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Robinson, Illinois, United States
I am new at this game with how much should I pay for an installer to put up a new OTA, along with keeping my Dish!!!! The installer wants to charge me 250.00 plus tax. Is this a reasonable price or should I keep looking/shopping for an OTA and installer?

I am new at this game with how much should I pay for an installer to put up a new OTA, along with keeping my Dish!!!! The installer wants to charge me 250.00 plus tax. Is this a reasonable price or should I keep looking/shopping for an OTA and installer?
Does that include the antenna as well as labor? If so probably not so bad as long as the work is guaranteed.

Does that include an antenna? If so, which one? That price seems a bit steep unless you have some some special install requirements. Also are you close or far from the OTA transmitter site? You might want to plug your zip code in the following site and post your results here.
TV Fool

Not nearly enough information to evaluate that antenna bid. $250 would be cheap for a big Yagi with a preamp and rotator above your roof, maybe not such a good deal for a Mohu 60 on a yard mounted satellite dish pole. We would need to know more about your location. If you are in Robinson, you are quite limited to what you may get.

If it's the Antenna that Dish sells, with the adapter is indeed now $250.00. I just sold one the other day. The Antenna was $149.00 and the adapter was a shocking $99.00. We here know you can get that adapter much cheaper, $29.99 from Products | AirTV. In my case, I offered to come back with the antenna if he wanted to buy the adapter first but he just bought the whole setup from Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If it is an outside antenna you are talking about, including labor and the adapter that is in the acceptable cost. Depending on the antenna maybe better than acceptable. If you want to parcel out each item and get them on your own and then find and hire someone on your own yes, you could likely pay less.

Does that include an antenna? If so, which one? That price seems a bit steep unless you have some some special install requirements. Also are you close or far from the OTA transmitter site? You might want to plug your zip code in the following site and post your results here.
TV Fool
I would have to say it is about 40 to 50 miles from the NBC/ABC Transmitter. I live in Robinson, Illinois and the NBC/ABC Transmitter is in Farmersburg, Indiana. I thought the price was pricey, also, but I am also new at this game.

I would have to say it is about 40 to 50 miles from the NBC/ABC Transmitter. I live in Robinson, Illinois and the NBC/ABC Transmitter is in Farmersburg, Indiana. I thought the price was pricey, also, but I am also new at this game.

A good outside antenna from Amazon will cost $75 to $150. A piece of fencing toprail for a mast another $20. Add $30 for a preamp and cabling. That doesn't leave much for labor.

I also have a friend, who installed his own OTA on his roof top. I am clumsy, and my luck I would fall off the room and end up at the local ER, then be in the Hospital for a few days. It would cost me a lot in the long run!!!

As I get older, I share your trepidation. Nevertheless, indoor antennas are unlikely to pull in a station that is 40 miles away. Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)