OTA STB recommendations

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
My LG smart TV has the best OTA guide I've ever used. The guide is linear and populates guide data from the internet (see photo).

I have a "dumb" TV in my house that I need a guide for. Is there a STB that performs like the guide on my LG TV?

It would be preferable if it could also edit channels for incorrect guide data, modify channels, etc.

I don't want anything that's going to re-encode channels like Tablo.

IMG_9931.png

Last edited:
My LG smart TV has the best OTA guide I've ever used. The guide is linear and populates guide data from the internet (see photo).

I have a "dumb" TV in my house that I need a guide for. Is there STB that performs like the guide on my LG TV?

It would be preferable if it could also edit channels for incorrect guide data, modify channels, etc.

I don't want anything that's going to re-encode channels like Tablo.

View attachment 162583
How dumb is that tv set? Does it have HDMI inputs? If so, maybe just a cheap Firestick, and use the HDHR app? You still have your HDHR 4k Flex, right?

If you have both an iPad and a HDHR tuner, install the free ChannelsDVR app on the iPad. You can use the free program guide from ChannelsDVR to view a 14 day OTA program guide, from Grace Notes/Zap2it.