rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
I haven't seen any mention of it here so, from DirecTV QuickHits: Tuner Add-On; PC Video Access; PC Device; HR-PRO - DBSTalk.Com

AM21 - ATSC Tuner Add for the HR21 line
-) The unit is going to be the same width and depth as the HR21.
-) It is approx 1" high
-) Same Gloss Black finish, and molding as the HR21
-) USB Connectivity to the HR21
-) Passthrough power supply... so one cord, for both the AM21 and HR21

No info yet on pricing or availability.

It should be free for the stupidity that it took to remove it.
Should be free to all that need one.

Jimbo

Scott's rumor is the price of the HR21 goes down $100 on 1/10. I'd bet that if you need this ATSC tuner box it will be between $50 to $100 to add it, just a guess.

Scott's rumor is the price of the HR21 goes down $100 on 1/10. I'd bet that if you need this ATSC tuner box it will be between $50 to $100 to add it, just a guess.

Did the price of the HR20-700,-100 go down $ 100 as well as the HR21's.
The HR20's have to still be available, I know there is a pallet full of them in town at Costco's

jimbo

The HR20's have to still be available, I know there is a pallet full of them in town at Costco's

jimbo

Sorry, don't know.

I'll try to get information on what I can from D* - they don't have a booth setup like Dish does this year, but rather a room at the Venitian. I'll going to work over there tommorrow and see what I can find out.

Looks like the new OTA solution is not quite like ANY of us expected :) But is better.

jimbo
Yes the price on both is dropping on Thurs.
As someone already posted the AM21 should be FREE why should we have to pay for a leased piece of equipment that is necessary only becaues of their poor design. The AM21 should be furnished free of charge with any HR21 that wants an OTA connection.:)

I noticed that Directv will be a supplier of converter boxes for the shutoff of analog television. A version of this box might be the converter box as well as the OTA add-on for the newer receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)