OTA Tuner on 622 VS 722K

Well I think I was actually the first to report this in the big 722k thread. My OTA reception issues are similar to Scott and Claude's. In a nutshell it sucks on the 722k but is fine on my 722 and 622...

The wonderful Echostar electronic engineers forgot that splitting an RF signal cuts the signal strength in half or more and failed to put an internal pre-amp in the module before their splitter.

Funny the Echostar dtv pal dvr has one ota input that splits the single coax into two internally and the signal strengths are comparable to what I got on my 722 , which was much higer than the 722k. The signals vary from one tuner to the other on the same channel no less. Maybe they should redo the ota module and let us trade the old ones in for the updated version , so we can get an ota dual tuner that works like the dtv pal dvr does.

L651

My OTA signal strength readings seem to be higher with L651. Anyone getting any OTA channels they couldn't previously get before L651? Maybe they addressed this issue in L651.

Or maybe they played tricks with the scale...

I just replaced a 622 with a 722K and my signals dropped by at least (10) across the board. I'm still "high enough" apparently as we've had no issues.

My OTA signal strength readings seem to be higher with L651. Anyone getting any OTA channels they couldn't previously get before L651? Maybe they addressed this issue in L651.
I don't know enough about the technical or internal aspects of an ATSC tuner or the software, but I can confirm that they did something that returns higher signal strength with L651.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)