OTA Update?

How will it connect to the OTA antenna, or will that be the antenna?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I am not suggesting that this is the one to be used, but it will look something like this:

211KUbOy9NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It remains to be seen if it will utilize one of the internal tuners to work as a DVR.

It better have that functionality. I would think people would want to have the capability to record OTA.

Think about the 722 DVR. It had one or two ATSC tuners built in and then recorded to the HD. Now, think the Hopper. You will have one or two external ATSC tuners via USB that will be able to record to the HD the same way.

Makes me wonder if they will forgo the tuner all together on the current Hopper.Kind have a feeling they will release a new receiver that has tuner built in.Hope I'm wrong.

Teehar said:
Makes me wonder if they will forgo the tuner all together on the current Hopper.Kind have a feeling they will release a new receiver that has tuner built in.Hope I'm wrong.

I would highly doubt that as Dish has said to expect a USB Tuner this summer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I don't think we will ever see another receiver with built in OTA. Its such a small percentage it wouldn't make sense.

I would hope that Dish fully supports a usb tuner by displaying OTA guide data integrated into the satellite guide with the ability to easily record OTA programming without having pay for locals to get the guide data.

Hope you guys are correct,and that dish is working diligently on getting an ota option for the hopper going.Just kind of have a not so good feeling about it.

I don't think we will ever see another receiver with built in OTA. Its such a small percentage it wouldn't make sense.
Dish has been slowly removing the OTA tuners from their receivers, so it's almost certain that's their plan. The last receivers to have built-in OTA were the 622/722. The 722k and then 922 had OTA as a module. Now Dish's latest receiver doesn't even have the module.

cjmv50 said:
I would hope that Dish fully supports a usb tuner by displaying OTA guide data integrated into the satellite guide with the ability to easily record OTA programming without having pay for locals to get the guide data.

Paying for locals is not optional anymore. We all will have to pay. I hope they allow for manual timers as EPG data for some subchannels is unlikely.

navychop said:
Paying for locals is not optional anymore. We all will have to pay. I hope they allow for manual timers as EPG data for some subchannels is unlikely.

Does any one know if manual times is even on the bug list?

Getting the OTA signals integrated to my 722K is very important to me. I would never consider the new Hopper system if i couldn't pump my locals through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts