OTA with Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Gr8Reb8 said:
This is what he was trying for.

I'll just contribute by imbedding the picture of it.

15-2152.jpg

Bill

Stealth Works Great

I have a Stealth at the roofline, and pick up all local HDTV channels well. This antenna is rated 15-30 miles, and I am 21-28 from towers, so I'm right at the higher end of the rated range...yet I get 90% or higher signals on all but 1 channel (local CBS affiliate which is broadcasting on old equipment and at 60% power).

One thing I have learned is that you really have to do your homework to find out what century your local TV stations are in, in terms of equipment. Any problems may not be on your end, rather, some stations are slow at adopting HDTV and/or newer equipment to support it - that was the case with my local CBS station...thought I was getting a weaker signal, when I learned it was the station only broadcasting a little over 1/2 power.

I would recommend this antenna for those in the 15-30 mile distance range.

Hey pmalve I just had NBC show up channel 30-1. Im from Mansfield ct and I am using the stealth antenna they provided, installed with the diplexor in my attic....

I am currently using voom in the Vernon, Ct area. I did have a lot of problems with the initial installation but seems to be working pretty well right now. I did have a contact at installs inc which I have used to get better results with my installs. I did contact him last week to check on WTIC 61 fox station. He has said that Voom will be adding this within a "day or so". Hopefully this will be moving forward.

dfwarner said:
I am currently using voom in the Vernon, Ct area. I did have a lot of problems with the initial installation but seems to be working pretty well right now. I did have a contact at installs inc which I have used to get better results with my installs. I did contact him last week to check on WTIC 61 fox station. He has said that Voom will be adding this within a "day or so". Hopefully this will be moving forward.

dfwarner,

welcome. Glad to hear that you got your mapping almost done...

dfwarner said:

WTIC showed up on my guide today. I can't lock on signal though. WVIT comes in at 85 reading on the antenna signal quality meter. What is the antenna signal power for? At least I get the 3 major networks now.

pmalve said:
WTIC showed up on my guide today. I can't lock on signal though. WVIT comes in at 85 reading on the antenna signal quality meter. What is the antenna signal power for? At least I get the 3 major networks now.

Select this channel and tell me what the power number is?

pmalve said:
the signal power number is 27

That's low to get a lock on the signal. Are you sure the antenna is pointing in the same direction where the transmitter of that channel is. It will help to find out how far is that station from you as well. You maybe out of range or looking in the wrong direction.

Sean Mota said:
That's low to get a lock on the signal. Are you sure the antenna is pointing in the same direction where the transmitter of that channel is. It will help to find out how far is that station from you as well. You maybe out of range or looking in the wrong direction.

Station is 20 miles from me. What should the number be to get a lock on signal? used compass setting on rotor so I know I am close to the right direction.

i found this one good if your hD is UHF range up to 60 miles and it's not so big or noticible on the roof

Attachments

• 4228.jpg
    4228.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 187
I do get WVIT-30 now. The power level reports about 38-40. I am not getting channel WTIC-61. Power level is around 20. :^((
Antennaweb reports both of these sites to be about 20 miles from my house. I am using the channel master stealth with an rotor I had to add on.

dfwarner said:
I do get WVIT-30 now. The power level reports about 38-40. I am not getting channel WTIC-61. Power level is around 20. :^((
Antennaweb reports both of these sites to be about 20 miles from my house. I am using the channel master stealth with an rotor I had to add on.

I am not getting WTIC either. Where in CT are you? I live in Bethlehem, I wonder if WTIC antenna is directional? I notice from some of the charts they don't all broadcast in an even circle.

pmalve said:
I am not getting WTIC either. Where in CT are you? I live in Bethlehem, I wonder if WTIC antenna is directional? I notice from some of the charts they don't all broadcast in an even circle.

I'm in vernon. I am able to get 3-1 springfield, 3-2 hartford, 8 new haven, 20 waterbury, 26 New London, and 30 hartford.

rang1995 said:
i found this one good if your hD is UHF range up to 60 miles and it's not so big or noticible on the roof

I'm glad you went back to your old avitar.
Us perv's just love it. :cool:

I might be signing up within a few days if the picture stuttering problem mentioned in the other thread clears up or isn't a network-wide issue (and we can see the sat, does anyone around Sacramento, CA have Voom yet?), and I have a question about KMAX-DT UPN 31-1 Sacramento. It doesn't show up in the zap2it guide so does that mean it isn't mapped or could it just be a problem with the guide listing?

deeann said:
I might be signing up within a few days if the picture stuttering problem mentioned in the other thread clears up or isn't a network-wide issue (and we can see the sat, does anyone around Sacramento, CA have Voom yet?), and I have a question about KMAX-DT UPN 31-1 Sacramento. It doesn't show up in the zap2it guide so does that mean it isn't mapped or could it just be a problem with the guide listing?

deeann, if it's not showing up in zap2it it will need to be mapped. If you want send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your address and zipcode and brief descriptions of channels that are not mapped and I'll put the request.

I can't comment yet on the stuttering issue since I am not clear what it is or have not seen it. Also, keep in mind that V* has been working on some of these issues.

Sean Mota said:
deeann, if it's not showing up in zap2it it will need to be mapped. If you want send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your address and zipcode and brief descriptions of channels that are not mapped and I'll put the request.

I can't comment yet on the stuttering issue since I am not clear what it is or have not seen it. Also, keep in mind that V* has been working on some of these issues.

Thanks Sean! I sent you email.

(this next part should really be in the other thread, but)

If the stuttering thing is anything like the SureWest problem, you might not notice it at first but when you do, you always notice it (it's kind of like water torture, as you start waiting for when the next frames get dropped :D), so hearing someone mention it makes me a *little* bit gun-shy 'cause I recently had to cancel my SureWest cable (like I wrote in the other thread) over something similar so I'm wondering if it's an isolated instance or network wide, but it looks like Voom is pretty quick to address problems so I'm optimistic about it.

I got hooked up today in central florida 33844.The installer could not get any o.t.a. thru my voom box (hooked up to video source 1),but ran a splitter directly into my antenna 1 input. He said he called voom and they said they would have to remap and it could be 48 hrs.The response I got from voom was that they could not remap. I get a couple of channels. Voom says they can't do anything ,but it seems to me if I can get the signal from the air directly to my tv I should be able to get it also thru the voom box. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)