Owning a Dish Network Receiver

psanta2

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
maryland
I am new to Dish Network (about 3 months now) and with my current bill came some aggravating price increases, in particular, my HD Duo Receiver went from $7.00/month to $14.00/month. I have some questions related to purchasing my own 2nd receiver:
1. Can I purchase a receiver?
2. If I can, does it completely eliminate monthly charges for the owned receiver?
3. If I purchase one, does it come with a smart card or would that have to be obtained from Dish Network. If from Dish, is there a monthly fee for that?
4. How do I return my leased receiver?

I am trying to get rid of the $14/month charge for my leased VIP222k receiver.

Sorry, but there is NO financial advantage to owning that 2nd receiver. Instead of a leased receiver fee it'll be an additional receiver fee--same/same. :rolleyes:

Ed

The charges are the same if you own the receiver or lease it. Buying it doesn't take any money off your monthly bill.

I was just told by customer service that buying a receiver WOULD remove monthly fees for a 2nd receiver. Could this be a change in policy or just a numb skull rep?

No Old Corp it isn't an ignorant CSR it is a CSR telling the customer what he wants to hear to make money for DISH. The customer is under a 2 year contract so get as much money from the customer as possible, if he owns the receiver and decides to cancel he now has early termination fees and a useless boat anchor that cost him money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)