Owning a Dish Network Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psanta2

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
maryland
I am new to Dish Network (about 3 months now) and with my current bill came some aggravating price increases, in particular, my HD Duo Receiver went from $7.00/month to $14.00/month. I have some questions related to purchasing my own 2nd receiver:
1. Can I purchase a receiver?
2. If I can, does it completely eliminate monthly charges for the owned receiver?
3. If I purchase one, does it come with a smart card or would that have to be obtained from Dish Network. If from Dish, is there a monthly fee for that?
4. How do I return my leased receiver?

I am trying to get rid of the $14/month charge for my leased VIP222k receiver.

Sorry, but there is NO financial advantage to owning that 2nd receiver. Instead of a leased receiver fee it'll be an additional receiver fee--same/same. :rolleyes:

Ed

The charges are the same if you own the receiver or lease it. Buying it doesn't take any money off your monthly bill.

I was just told by customer service that buying a receiver WOULD remove monthly fees for a 2nd receiver. Could this be a change in policy or just a numb skull rep?

No Old Corp it isn't an ignorant CSR it is a CSR telling the customer what he wants to hear to make money for DISH. The customer is under a 2 year contract so get as much money from the customer as possible, if he owns the receiver and decides to cancel he now has early termination fees and a useless boat anchor that cost him money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)