PAC-12 Still in Limbo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It hasn’t been a downgrade for me. Not only do I have more DVR space but everything works as it should. I remember the hr 34 having way more bugs at this point than what the HS17 does.

You have a client on your TV instead of a receiver. That is a downgrade.

i read someplace, cant remember
pac12 is holding out for rsn status. they get more money that way

You have a client on your TV instead of a receiver. That is a downgrade.

There are plenty of arguments to be made one way or the other, but this is not even near the top of the list. What possible difference does it make whether you have a receiver or a client. I find the wired C61K clients just as responsive as my old HR44 and HR24 combo with the possible exception of 30SKIP. Hardly a deal breaker for me.

There are plenty of arguments to be made one way or the other, but this is not even near the top of the list. What possible difference does it make whether you have a receiver or a client. I find the wired C61K clients just as responsive as my old HR44 and HR24 combo with the possible exception of 30SKIP. Hardly a deal breaker for me.

or PIP, which some people do want

No ESPN app, no PIP, lag, lack of back up, the need for a server and a client for 1 TV, no AM21.... seems like a downgrade to me

Reactions: Jimbo
For serious power users perhaps. For 99% of customers, it's an excellent, albeit imperfect, solution.
I have an HR44 and an HR24. I would never consider the HS17 since you are restricted to using clients. That's a stupid restriction IMHO. If the HS17 goes down you are sol until you get a replacement.

AM21? Where do I get one of those? How well will it work with the HR54? The odds of a client or receiver going down is very very slight. Never happened to me. Possible of course but a determining factor? I would not call the 17 an upgrade but for 90+% of users it's at worst a equal replacement with more tuners to offset PIP as a feature benefit.

AM21 integrates some of the OTA channels into your guide. They are no longer made or sold or supported by AT&T. They still work for those of us who still have them from when they were available. They work on HR54 and below, to a point that is no longer in use. You can probably find one for way too much money on ebay or something...

AM21? Where do I get one of those? How well will it work with the HR54? The odds of a client or receiver going down is very very slight. Never happened to me. Possible of course but a determining factor? I would not call the 17 an upgrade but for 90+% of users it's at worst a equal replacement with more tuners to offset PIP as a feature benefit.

Do all of the features work from the previous model (HR54)...
-PIP
-ESPN app
-I won't include the AM21 stuff since it's not technically supported anymore.

Those are not major things but it still does less. So it's a downgrade. Is it a significant factor? No. But still true. More tuners might make it equal, but never an upgrade and never an upgrade to me without the ESPN app.

Not more tuners than an HR44 and HR24.

AM21 integrates some of the OTA channels into your guide. They are no longer made or sold or supported by AT&T. They still work for those of us who still have them from when they were available. They work on HR54 and below, to a point that is no longer in use. You can probably find one for way too much money on ebay or something...
I don't recall the am 21s EVER being supported by D* .... they only came out after enough people complained when D* thought they would be ok, adding Locals over the 3 or 4 year period.

Reactions: harshness
As I said, there are a number of issues that can be made but I replying to the fact that using a client as opposed to a receiver was a downgrade.

And I will point out that there is no receiver available that does 4K.

NO it isnt. You dont need a reciver to decode video. Get out of the stoneage.

No one has pointed out a SINGLE benefit of the HS17. Fewer tuners and timers than a HR44/24 and the same vs just a HR44/54. Fewer advanced features. Doesn't work with old equipment. Only uses clients. Is the only "good" thing it does it let you watch the PPV, occasional game, or one channel of full time 4K on 2 TVs at once? hahahaha

I am not in the stoneage. I wouldn't consider an HR44 the stoneage.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)