Pacquiao vs Mayweather stiil ain't happening

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Well, not surprising, but the super-fight that boxing fans like myself have been dreaming for still ain't gonna happen. And it seems this time it's because Bob Arum doesn't want to negotiate with Golden Boy and he's afraid that Pac-man would get defeated, meaning that he would lose his cash cow. Also, he wants Pac-Man to fight Marquez again for some reason. It sucks because Mayweather announced that he wanted to fight someone on May 5th, and I was hoping his opponent would be Pac-Man, but it looks like it's never going to happen.:(
Floyd Mayweather Jr. aide says Manny Pacquiao camp won't even talk fight - ESPN

Well, not surprising, but the super-fight that boxing fans like myself have been dreaming for still ain't gonna happen. And it seems this time it's because Bob Arum doesn't want to negotiate with Golden Boy and he's afraid that Pac-man would get defeated, meaning that he would lose his cash cow. Also, he wants Pac-Man to fight Marquez again for some reason. It sucks because Mayweather announced that he wanted to fight someone on May 5th, and I was hoping his opponent would be Pac-Man, but it looks like it's never going to happen.:(
Floyd Mayweather Jr. aide says Manny Pacquiao camp won't even talk fight - ESPN

IF you saw the fight, and I am not sure you did, Marquez DESERVES another shot because to me, he beat Pacquiao AGAIN! They have fought 3 times and 2 of them, at the very least...were draws at worst...victories for Marquez at best. In fact, Marquez was SO disappointed, he had stated he would rather retire than fight him again because he simply feels the ONLY way he would get the victory would be to kill him...literally...in the ring.

And as far as the coward, of COURSE he want a fight now because he feels he some some weakness in Manny's game. When Manny had FINALLY agreed to ALL of the stipulations that Mayweather wanted almost a year ago...WHY did he not sign on the dotted line? Because he was afraid... How come he has not fought Cotto, or Berto ...because he of afraid of fight good to very good fighters IN THEIR PRIME. He would rather fight over the hill or still green fights.

The opportunity was there for Mayweather for over year...NOW, fighters that deserve another chance for what they have shown in the ring, SHOULD come 1st.

Admittedly, no, I didn't see the Marquez fight (waiting for the replay on HBO on Saturday) But I heard how controversial the decision was and to me, I thought it would be Marquez asking for the rematch, not Pacquiao and that's what's getting me a little confused.

Admittedly, no, I didn't see the Marquez fight (waiting for the replay on HBO on Saturday) But I heard how controversial the decision was and to me, I thought it would be Marquez asking for the rematch, not Pacquiao and that's what's getting me a little confused.

Marquez feels, and I agree with him 100%..that he has been cheated out of atleast 2 fights. I think one he actually did lose. But he DID get cheated out of 2 fights in my opinion. Marquez actually wants to retire because of this crap.

Boxing is so filthy....

ckhalil18 said:

Hopefully they replay the interview with Marquez at the end of the fight. Marquez didn't do the interview in the ring, as he left it, so they did it in the locker room. Now I may be wrong, but it appears he was only clad with a sombrero on his lap.

As for a rematch, I would rather see Mayweather than Marquez again. Marquez has been beaten twice by decisions, yet both times he and his camp have disputed it. They have alluded the scoring of the fight have been fixed, but never come right out and stated it. If they have the proof, show it, or just accept the loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts