Paladia, HD Theater and Encore HD now part of Platinum

I am betting that Encore HD is now connected to Starz or AEP. All we need to be sure is see if someone with Starz has this channel too.

I've still got Encore HD, Platinum and AT250 freeHD so I really don't care.

They converted me over to Free HD for life with AT250 w/plat HD and I am still getting chan 340 Encore HD.

Same here.

Ditto. Didn't drop Platinum, still have it.

I lost Encore (chan 340) this morning; I still have Platinum. Something changed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Programming: America's Top 250
Premium Channels: Cinemax 1 Year Penny Offer
International or A La Carte Add-ons:
CSN Mid-Atlantic, HD Platinum, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, Multisport, HD 250 Free

Hmmm...your case seems to be the odd one. So far it seems that if you had AT250 with the HD/Platinum combo and dropped the Platinum after migrating to HD 250 Free you lose Encore HD, but you still have Platinum and lost it anyway. :confused:

I've still got it, on EA, 250 with HD&Platinum, automatically converted to 250 freeHD and Platinum.

More details please. What's your package and what channels did you lose?

I'm on Western Arc (still have it w/AT250+HD 250 Free+Platinum).

I have AT250, HD 250, Platinum, and Showtime. I don't have free HDTV for life.

And from what I can see I'm missing Nickelodeon West and Disney West. I only have the East versions now. I'm missing Encore (east?) and TMCX. Not sure if it's east or west.

Enccore AT250

I called a just Dish customer rep to ask missing Encore and HD Theater in the AT 250. She insisted there had been no programming changes and I should be getting both channels. We tried several things and could not get them to come on. She then suggested to get a Dish technician which would cost $75. Has anyone else called Dish to ask about missing these channels.

AT250

I called a just Dish customer rep to ask missing Encore and HD Theater in the AT 250. She insisted there had been no programming changes and I should be getting both channels. We tried several things and could not get them to come on. She then suggested to get a Dish technician which would cost $75. Has anyone else called Dish to ask about missing these channels.

Call again and get Tech Support...but wait til Monday. Never have had good luck with them on weekends.

I did a tech chat a few days ago and got nowhere with them. They also insisted that I should be receiving it. They put in a report, but Encore HD is still not showing up in my guide.

HD Theater and Palladia moved to Platinum.

Lost Encore HD

This morning, I went to my online account to remove HBO and Showtime. I subscribe to the Americas Top 250 Gold HD. After I removed HBO and Showtime, I also lost Encore HD. It does not even show up in the modify list of the guide. It only shows Encore SD in red. I went to Dish Chat and after an hour with them, they could not find out a problem. I will just have to call it in later.

I noticed on my online account that they have Americas SD and Americas HD. Right now, it has me on the Americas Top 250 on the Americas SD, HD250, Platinum HD. Below it has Americas HD with America, America Gold, America Silver. What is the difference between the Americas SD and HD? Could this be causing my problem with not having Encore HD?

Sorry for the rant, but I can't believe such a simple change to remove programming would cause this much of a problem.

According to the Dish Network website, Encore East HD should be included in the 250 Plan, not Platinum.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)