Paladia, HD Theater and Encore HD now part of Platinum

It is now obvious that Dish has screwed something up in there network since the June 3rd changes. Ever since then, whenever someone makes a change to there programming, it removes Encore HD completely. It is not an individual problem, it is a systems problem.

Just checked Zap2It channel listings and it does not list Encore HD (340) for the America's Top 250, just the rest of the Encore channels. Although if you go to Dish's website it does list Encore HD for that package.

Last edited:
It is now obvious that Dish has screwed something up in there network since the June 3rd changes. Ever since then, whenever someone makes a change to there programming, it removes Encore HD completely. It is not an individual problem, it is a systems problem.

Agreed. This is looking more and more like an authorization glitch rather than a change in policy.

Just called my nephew he has the AT250 HD and no premiums or Platinum. He still gets Encore and HD Theater. He has no upgraded to HD for life. I still get 5710 but not the regular HD Theater or Encore HD.

Those who've lost Encore, what Sat did you have it from, 129, 61.5 or 72.7? Looking at possible theory.

Cant remember off hand what Sat Encore HD was on. I am on the EA so it will either be 61.5 or 72.7.
And I didn't change anything and kept Platinum, and I still have EncoreHD on 340 and I'm EA too.

And I didn't change anything and kept Platinum, and I still have EncoreHD on 340 and I'm EA too.

It only happens if you change programming. I removed HBO and Showtime from my account, then I lost Encore HD. It is something on Dish's system and they don't have Encore HD on the America Top 250 on the system. If you don't make any changes then you will still have Encore HD.

I would agree with HALF that statement as Encore HD is apart of the AT250 package and anyone with that package should get it. It's clearly stated on Dishes web site.

So if you have that package and you are not receiving it I would call tech supp and let them know.

Their website shows it being part of the AT250 when you subscribe to the HD package. I have both HD and Platinum and I can't access 340 (it's there but it asks be to subscribe).

Anyone up for a game of Roulette?

We have better odds winning that than understanding Dish programming.

Encore and HD Theater

Just talked to a customer rep about HD Theater and Encore HD she said they were unable to turn them back on manually. She said it was a local problem and they should be back on in a couple of days.

Just talked to a customer rep about HD Theater and Encore HD she said they were unable to turn them back on manually. She said it was a local problem and they should be back on in a couple of days.

I believe the CSR, there's obviously a problem with the new changes and they'll need to fix it hopefully this week.

Well maybe you need AT 250 and Platinum to get Encore HD.

I have AT 250 and Platinum and i no longer have Encore HD....whats up with that. I did not change any of my programming other than adding locals. I happened to check today after reading these post and its gone. I am on EA

EDIT: After talking with tech support, they stated that you must have the starz package to get this channel. Since i already had hbo and cinemax, i swapped over to the Americas Everything Pack. Once i did that, Encore HD did show back up.

Last edited:
I have AT 250 and Platinum and i no longer have Encore HD....whats up with that. I did not change any of my programming other than adding locals. I happened to check today after reading these post and its gone. I am on EA

I don't remember if I had it before June 3rd or not.

I have AT250, SHO/HBO, HD and Platinum. I made no changes. I don't have it now. It tells me I have to subscribe to get it.

After talking with tech support, they stated that you must have the starz package to get this channel. Since i already had hbo and cinemax, i swapped over to the Americas Everything Pack. Once i did that, Encore HD did show back up.

Okay, now I'm confused. :confused: Scott, can you ask your sources again if those of us with AT250 + HD will be losing Encore HD or not (I still have it as of now). On the other forum someone was told it was an engineering problem they're working on but according to this it's a policy change after all.

I have top 250, free HD 250, and Platinum HD. Now I didn't change any programing and I still get Encore HD. I don't have any extra movie packages either (besides the movie channel the free ones that come with Top 250)

So either a bug or they need to keep the website up to date. Encore not listed below

grfx_08.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)