Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Anyone know what the bitrate is on the D* Pandora channel?

The standard bit rate for the free Internet version is only around 96Kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora One it goes up to 192Kbps. The difference is quite noticeable, especially if you are routing it through a nice audio system.

If one subscribes to Pandora One on the Internet, do you get that level of service through D*?

efbrune

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 23, 2004
Indianapolis
I subscribe to Pandora One on the internet. When I listen to Pandora using my LG DVD player over the internet using my Yamaha AVR Pandora seems to sound better than using my HR23 with the same AVR. Using HDMI cables in both situations.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
May 27, 2008
MA
I got the update last night but haven't had a chance to play with it. Are you locked to 1 Pandora account per receiver? My wife and I listen to completely different music so I anticipate this being a problem.

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
I got the update last night but haven't had a chance to play with it. Are you locked to 1 Pandora account per receiver? My wife and I listen to completely different music so I anticipate this being a problem.

You can change accounts, but it isn't simple. You have to log off and then reactivate each time you want to change accounts so a computer is needed each time. Not terribly hard, but a hassle and they could have made it easier.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
You can have multiple personalized radio stations on one account. So you could duplicate the stations that she likes on your account. Doing this from your computer is much easier than trying to do it via D*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts