Pandora

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Anyone know what the bitrate is on the D* Pandora channel?

The standard bit rate for the free Internet version is only around 96Kbps. If you upgrade to Pandora One it goes up to 192Kbps. The difference is quite noticeable, especially if you are routing it through a nice audio system.

If one subscribes to Pandora One on the Internet, do you get that level of service through D*?

I subscribe to Pandora One on the internet. When I listen to Pandora using my LG DVD player over the internet using my Yamaha AVR Pandora seems to sound better than using my HR23 with the same AVR. Using HDMI cables in both situations.

I got the update last night but haven't had a chance to play with it. Are you locked to 1 Pandora account per receiver? My wife and I listen to completely different music so I anticipate this being a problem.

I got the update last night but haven't had a chance to play with it. Are you locked to 1 Pandora account per receiver? My wife and I listen to completely different music so I anticipate this being a problem.

You can change accounts, but it isn't simple. You have to log off and then reactivate each time you want to change accounts so a computer is needed each time. Not terribly hard, but a hassle and they could have made it easier.

You can have multiple personalized radio stations on one account. So you could duplicate the stations that she likes on your account. Doing this from your computer is much easier than trying to do it via D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)