Pansat 2500A firmware update : It's done

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barney_555

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2005
Québec, Canada
I was affraid of freezing my Pantec clone, but all is good.

I had ver. 2.24 of june 2004 and I updated to ver. 2.36, july 2005. Very easy to do with the files from pansatusa.com, took me 5 minutes.

The results : The smart search take longer to search but also find more transponders. I've find new feeds. But it also find way more DBS garbage transponders that I have to delete before the channels scan.

I've used it only a couple of hour, maybe others things are upgraded, will see but I'm very happy with the new transponders it find, even if it take longer and load trash...

Be careful using PANSAT software on PANTEC receivers as there is supposedly a time bomb built into the software to kill any clone that uses PANSAT software.

There is a warning on the website explaining this... Good Luck! :eek:

Will see.... I hope the best.

(edit: I've check the Pansat website and they don't talk about a "time-bomb" but they mention severe damage may occur and the warning apply to the original Pansat also. They recommand to do the update by a technician.)

I just use Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra software on my Pantec instead.. no worries of time-bombs there!

pansat vs pantec

How can you tell for sure which on you have? Mine says pansat, my owners manual has panarex on the back with all of their contact info. I got mine from Eman Technology

It looks like Eman sells actual Pansats..

Panarex is the parent of Pansat..

Panarex Electronics is a leading global provider of the Pansat® brand satellite TVRO (television reception only ) equipment to consumers through authorized Pansat® dealers and distributors.

Thanks. I hope it is because I updated with them. Funny thing, the peolpe at pansat claimed the only way they could tell for sure was for me to send mine back to them.

Is there any advantage to using the fortec software?

The Fortec Lifetime Ultra is the same hardware.. I personally like the Fortec star software myself, but they are functionally identical

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)