Pansat 3500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
W_Tracy_Parnell said:
How's the picture quality with component?

100% better then Composite that's for sure, at least with my Syntax Olevia 37" LCD.

I have a Dish Network Super Dish (one for getting satellite 110, 119, 121). Can I use it with Pansat 3500s?

You can but your not going to pick up much of anything. Almost all channels on Dish Network are encrypted. You really need about an 80cm dish or larger with a linear LNB for free to air channels. The satellites that these channels are found on use transponders that are much less powerful than the ones used for the dish network and directtv satellites. The DBS birds have 110watt transponders as opposed to about 25 to 40 watt transponders for the other tv satellites that the free to air channels are found on.

I'd like to share my disappointment with the sound quality of the Pansat 3500s. This is the first standalone FTA receiver that I own, so it may not be a fair comparison to other receivers - who knows, may be this is the norm for FTA receivers - sound quality generally being ignored. But it definitey sucks compared to the sound I am getting fom my HTPC using DVB card - high and low frequenies are clipped and everything sounds hollow. Being an avid music listener, I am somewhat disappointed, because the 3500 is very nice otherwise.
Anybody paid attention to the sound coming from FTA receivers? Is it the same across the board, or some receivers sound better than others?

Back to the pansat 3500s which I am verging on buying, largely due to the information I have obtained at this site. Thanks for that iceburg.

Does the pansat 3500s receive hdtv? Do any fta irds? Also, the viewsat vs 2000 seems to have 4:3 and 16:9 format...does the pansat 3500s...and is there a different between the 3500 and the 3500s...?

kokes said:
Does the pansat 3500s receive hdtv?
no
Do any fta irds?
there is one unit but its like $700...PC Cards do

Also, the viewsat vs 2000 seems to have 4:3 and 16:9 format...does the pansat 3500s...
yes it does but that option really doesn't work (not that I've seen)

and is there a different between the 3500 and the 3500s...?
nope

Wow...thanks for the fast response iceberg...much appreciate. So tell me...are you still solid on recommending the pansat 3500 over all others...or did the new firmware for coolsat 4000 pro sway you in a different direction...

I havent tried the new software in the 4000...I like the 3500 mainly because its UHF remote capable and has a component output :)

The UHF remote is a nice feature to have...had it for my 4900...does it come with the 3500 or is it an option..

option that can be added...they run pretty cheap on ebay (thats where I got my UHF remote)

Thanks Iceberg. I am new to fta but look forward to learning new things. Likely talk to you again.

Couple more concerns for possible address..I have heard from others that the pansat 3500 have the following issues:

a) Some pansat owners have complained of picture freeze while Coolsat owners do not. IS this a real issure with Pansats in general or is this a FLASH or BIN issue with Pansats in general? Will auto roll eventually be supported on these units?

b) Some say that the channel change is faster on the 2700 as compared to the 3500. How does the EPG compare between pansat 2700 and 3500 models? How does one know what channel or what PPV movie channel they are watching in order to know when the shows begin?

What say you to these concerns? Are they accurate?

**sigh**

just when you help someone, they stab you in the back and ask a stupid hack question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)