Pansat 9200 w/ S2 8psk Addin Card

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
UPDATE: Although this is an old review I thought I would update it in case people are still using it to make a purchase decisson with. I was never able to tune anything with the ad in board that came with this unit. As has been mentioned in other threads from time to time there are now at least three different version of the addin board. The one that came with this box only has the one input and no output. This would indicate it is one of the boards meant for the eye-patch gang. There are two official Pansat board, one for receive only and the new plus board which adds the blind scan. Both of these boards have two connections (in and out). This new board is much smaller than the one that came with the box, maybe 1/4 of the size. I now have the official Pansat S2+ it just came in today and I have only used it for a few hours. I am finally viewing DVB-S2 signals on KU band with this box. I did a blind (smart) scan on AMC 21 and it found all the LPB stuff, no problem. I am using a 90cm dish with Invacom quad lnb and 12072 shows 53% quality. The scans seem to take longer to me now. It took thirteen minutes to scan and log the channels. I scanned G19 and it took18 minutes to blind scan that bird. Sorry no pictures of the board but if I get a chance I'll add some later on.

So for anyone looking in to getting a 9200 or buy and add-in board for the one you already have, make sure you get the official Pansat board, and if you plan on blind scanning DVBS2 make sure you get the plus board.

Last edited:
A couple.
LPB on 125W during daylight hours only.
12072 H 16666 3/5

I've been able to receive this channel at anytime of the day that I have tried to watch it after fine tuning this past week. It may be a location issue or something else. I know I had to adjust and fine tune very carfully to be able to have constant reliable reception with the 90cm dish for LPB. Your results may vary.

Last edited:
Photos added

Here are two pictures of the Pansat DVBS2+ board and one picture of the board installed. The fan visible in this picture was just something I had laying around that happened to fit perfect on the heatsink so I spliced it in.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
over at Ricks, it appears this new S2 blindscan board is quite impressive. Ghia, where did you buy your board at?

I just purchased the 9200HD with board and will post a review soon. At this point, the unit picks up excellent HD and is simple to use.

what format does the hard drive use for the pvr ?
fat 32 ntfs or other ?
thanks alot

and how do you get to the recorded files.
as i see no option in the menu.
thanks

edit: found the hdd button duh
used a fat 32 1tig Seagate HD seems ok
let me know if i am wrong
thanks

fat 32 1tig Seagate in a Thermalake Max 4 e-sata USB Como

Last edited:
The User's Guide says that the only supported format is DR-DOS2. It also states that FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS is not supported. Have you tried recording and playing back using a FAT32 hard drive? If it works ok, maybe they updated the software. And if it works with FAT32, is the recorded data recognized by Windows for playback? Could be interesting. Good luck.

any alternatives to the pansat 9200hd?

I have an old pansat 3500s that gave me acceptable results over the years. I'm ready to upgrade to a HD 8psk receiver and I'm leaning towards the 9200hd with the new pansat 8psk card. The whole thing will be about 400 bucks. Is there any better and/or lower cost alternative? I'd like the have the PVR functionality. Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

I have an old pansat 3500s that gave me acceptable results over the years. I'm ready to upgrade to a HD 8psk receiver and I'm leaning towards the 9200hd with the new pansat 8psk card. The whole thing will be about 400 bucks. Is there any better and/or lower cost alternative? I'd like the have the PVR functionality. Many thanks in advance.

Daniel
you got the right box if you want pvr and S-2 Qpsk,8psk blind scan
but it will not display 4:2:2 feeds
Box does need lots cooling 2 80mm fans on mine now and i might add

I have had this box now with the official 8psk board from Pansat. This box is nice but it freezes alot when watching some 8psk HD channels. I have had to reset the box so many times.

My viewsat maxhd never needed a reset and was much cooler than this box. It had a nice GUI but the blindscan was not working reason i got the pansat 9200hd.

So far, i have tested all the HD boxes out there and there is non that has it all. i am confused. Please help !!

I have had this box now with the official 8psk board from Pansat. This box is nice but it freezes alot when watching some 8psk HD channels. I have had to reset the box so many times.

My viewsat maxhd never needed a reset and was much cooler than this box. It had a nice GUI but the blindscan was not working reason i got the pansat 9200hd.

So far, i have tested all the HD boxes out there and there is non that has it all. i am confused. Please help !!

this box has heat issues
i put this fan below on it and it worked very well.
but not practical i have 2 80cm fans now with one blowing in one blowing out. it does not work as well as the big one lol.
i bought some new fans and will remod my box then.
and will post more pictures after i get it cooled well.

Attachments

• 12 inch fan.JPG
    12 inch fan.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 454
this box has heat issues
i put this fan below on it and it worked very well.
but not practical i have 2 80cm fans now with one blowing in one blowing out. it does not work as well as the big one lol.
i bought some new fans and will remod my box then.
and will post more pictures after i get it cooled well.

Wow, that is one very crude way to cool the box. My 2yr old son will pour juice on it if i leave it like that. I am tired of rebooting my pansat 9200HD. I guess i will have to put a fan inside. But how should i do it? Someone told me the fan should blow out of the box rather than into the box. How can i do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)