Paraclipse 12 Mesh

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Venom216

Original poster
Apr 30, 2017
Fort McCoy, FL.
Hi All,
In the Ocala FL. area. I was into BUDs back in the Late 80's and Early 90's.. I originally had 12' Dish where I lived in South Florida.
I decided to start tinkering around again. I found a Paraclipse 12' Mesh available about 60 miles from me. It must be a later model that I had never seen. Here are some pics before the disassembly. It is a very small hole mesh with a 4 pole mount for the LNB's. It has C & KU LNB's on it. Can anyone tell me the model and year of this BUD?
I went and disassembled it yesterday and brought it home. Total dismantle time with a friend was about 6 hours. Overall it was in great condition.
All the stainless steel hardware made it easy to take apart.
There are a few small Bends/Punctures on a few of the larger Mesh Panels and of course I will be needing new clips.
I have been reading lots here and it seems 17 Gauge Galvanized wire is suggested for making your own clips. As far as the mesh panels, I should be able to bend the broken areas back together so there would just be a small line where the mesh had split. What kind of restoration should I be doing to bring this dish back to top working performance besides a good cleaning to remove the green fungus? Thanks for any help.

Paraclipse-12 (1).jpg

Paraclipse-12 (3).jpg

Paraclipse-12 (6).jpg

Paraclipse-12 (2).jpg

Nice find!
Yes, and good clean up and repainting. Then a little mending and you will be good to go. Make sure when you put it back together to do a string test and adjust accordingly.

Make sure to use flat black, so the sun does not reflect too much heat on the LNB. I use enamel on mine. I used gloss black on all the other parts on mine to make it look better. haha

Reactions: FTA4PA
BTW, I took one that was in about the same shape, that had went unused for years. I spent a few days cleaning and lubricating everything. Put it all back together, took my time, and it has worked now for years!

Search my username I completely rehabbed one years ago that's still in use. New clips and all. Paraclipse was the finest dish I ever rehabbed. Mine has the H-to-H mount on it, though. Have any questions, ask.

Mine was installed originally in 1987, the quad leg conversion was a retrofit kit, I got the instructions for the kit with my dish, the installer had to drill holes in the ribs to accept the quad legs.

Search my username I completely rehabbed one years ago that's still in use. New clips and all. Paraclipse was the finest dish I ever rehabbed. Mine has the H-to-H mount on it, though. Have any questions, ask.

Mine was installed originally in 1987, the quad leg conversion was a retrofit kit, I got the instructions for the kit with my dish, the installer had to drill holes in the ribs to accept the quad legs.
Thanks for the reply.. I definitely will.

Got all the pieces into the workshop. Here are a couple of pictures of the damage to the Mesh. None are more than 3" long. Should I just straighten the mesh out or also use some wire to stitch the seam?
P12 (2).jpg

P12 (1).jpg

P12 (3).jpg

Got all the pieces into the workshop. Here are a couple of pictures of the damage to the Mesh. None are more than 3" long. Should I just straighten the mesh out or also use some wire to stitch the seam? View attachment 156331

View attachment 156332

View attachment 156333
Flatten them out, and stitch the cuts using picture hanging wire. Works perfectly. It'll be barely noticeable when you are done. Even more so, if you then paint the mesh with a flat paint. Either gray or black works nicely.

Hi All,
In the Ocala FL. area. I was into BUDs back in the Late 80's and Early 90's.. I originally had 12' Dish where I lived in South Florida.
I decided to start tinkering around again. I found a Paraclipse 12' Mesh available about 60 miles from me. It must be a later model that I had never seen. Here are some pics before the disassembly. It is a very small hole mesh with a 4 pole mount for the LNB's. It has C & KU LNB's on it. Can anyone tell me the model and year of this BUD?
I went and disassembled it yesterday and brought it home. Total dismantle time with a friend was about 6 hours. Overall it was in great condition.
There are a few small Bends/Punctures on a few of the larger Mesh Panels and of course I will be needing new clips.
I have been reading lots here and it seems 17 Gauge Galvanized wire is suggested for making your own clips. As far as the mesh panels, I should be able to bend the broken areas back together so there would just be a small line where the mesh had split. What kind of restoration should I be doing to bring this dish back to top working performance besides a good cleaning to remove the green fungus? Thanks for any help.

View attachment 156266
View attachment 156267
View attachment 156268
View attachment 156269
Hi All,

View attachment 156266
View attachment 156267
View attachment 156268
View attachment 156269
Odd I ran onto this thread. My neighbor and I just went out and got one these exact same dishes. I had installed it in the 90's and it is still in excellent condition.

Can't go wrong with that dish. Paraclipse is an excellent brand and have been around a long time. Finally, after 3 years of trying to locate the owner of a Laux Beta 9, I ran into a guy who knew the owners of the house this dish was located at.

It's laying in the back yard right now. I've never seen another of these dishes in my area, but it is 22.5 inches deep and has a very short focal distance. I'll be curious how well this dish performs.

Anyway, good find. The mesh on the Paraclipse is easy to straighten as it has some dings in it. The tear in the picture is no big deal. It can be repaired easily too. A flat surface and a little pressure with a rolling pin or flat board will compress it back nearly to factory. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: k.r. and Venom216
Okay, I have been cleaning all the pieces in what little spare time I have..lol I hope to step up the restoration process in the next few weeks. As I mentioned, I have not been tinkering with BUDs for many years... I am kind of surprised as I search, the lack of info and hardware available. Really surprised at the sparse LNB selection and info. Also, I have not seen anyone selling multi conductor direct bury Satellite cable like we used in the old days.. Do any of you still use a Dual feedhorn with C and KU lnb's? What is considered the LNB's to go with these days? And finally.. What receivers are the most popular right now? Any receivers coming out with ATSC 3.0?

Last edited:
Didn't read everything on this but in case you don't know there is one thing to be aware of where Ku signals are concerned. That WIDE HOLE mesh in that 12ft dish isn't Ku friendly, ie, the later model C/Ku dishes have much smaller mesh in them.

Reason I know this is because that 10.5 ft Raydx dish I have has larger mesh and it's not nearly as Ku friendly as the other two 10 footers that were designed for Ku as well as C band use and have small mesh.

Just saying......................

Reactions: Venom216 and k.r.
Didn't read everything on this but in case you don't know there is one thing to be aware of where Ku signals are concerned. That WIDE HOLE mesh in that 12ft dish isn't Ku friendly, ie, the later model C/Ku dishes have much smaller mesh in them.

Reason I know this is because that 10.5 ft Raydx dish I have has larger mesh and it's not nearly as Ku friendly as the other two 10 footers that were designed for Ku as well as C band use and have small mesh.

Just saying......................
Luckily this is a later model with the very small holes as well as the 4 pole mount for the LNB..

Hi All,

View attachment 156266
View attachment 156267
View attachment 156268
View attachment 156269
Looks like the one I had. Hail damage did it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts