Paramount+....

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
What is Paramount's issue? I pay for Amazon prime, Amazon prime carries Paramount+, Dish has Prime app....

Why does Paramount restrict its content through the Dish devices? It certainly isn't a technology issue.

I’ve never been able to get Prime Video to even work on DISH! All it does is give me an Internet Connectivity Error when I try and use channel 301. Same thing when trying the DISH stand alone Prime App. I just use my Firestik and write it off as another DISH quirk.

What is Paramount's issue? I pay for Amazon prime, Amazon prime carries Paramount+, Dish has Prime app....

Why does Paramount restrict its content through the Dish devices? It certainly isn't a technology issue.
Actually, it seems to me that Prime only carries Paramount+ as one of those pass through subscriptions. After the 7 day free trial, you still have to pay Paramount's monthly subscription.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Actually, it seems to me that Prime only carries Paramount+ as one of those pass through subscriptions. After the 7 day free trial, you still have to pay Paramount's monthly subscription.
No, it works fine on my other streaming devices. (Nvidia Shield, BD player etc)

Paramount + is a waste of money. They advertised all this new programming such as new episodes of Frasier, Criminal Minds and others and none are there yet. Its just CBS All Access rebranded.
So far Scott, I agree. When I'm done watching the Star Trek series (Discovery and Picard) I'll probably cancel, unless the next Star Trek (Strange New Worlds) comes along soon. Aside from the Star Trek series, there's nothing Paramount has that interests me.

I had CBS All Access before and have Paramount+ now. The changeover to P+ didn't cost any more than AA. We watch a good deal of CBS network programming and I have the commercial free tier. So, I find it to be a good fit for us.
I think Paramount + made it much hardest to find the current CBS shows than all access did

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think Paramount + made it much hardest to find the current CBS shows than all access did
I do pretty much what I did in the past and have no issue whatsoever. I never operate from Home, I simply go down to shows and do one right click. That takes me to a list of genres. Because pretty much all we watch on CBS are dramas I go down to dramas and click it. That brings me to the entire list of dramas in alphabetic order. If I want to watch NCIS I click down until I get to NCIS and I'm ready to watch. It is really easy if you don't want to make it hard. I also watch Live CBS programming and go down to Live and there I am on my local CBS station.

Paramount+ does offer a few movies, but if they have any hopes of competing with the likes of Prime or Netflix they'll have to increase the size of their movie library by about a zillion fold.

I do pretty much what I did in the past and have no issue whatsoever. I never operate from Home, I simply go down to shows and do one right click. That takes me to a list of genres. Because pretty much all we watch on CBS are dramas I go down to dramas and click it. That brings me to the entire list of dramas in alphabetic order. If I want to watch NCIS I click down until I get to NCIS and I'm ready to watch. It is really easy if you don't want to make it hard. I also watch Live CBS programming and go down to Live and there I am on my local CBS station.
You call that folderol "no issue"? :eeek I count at least 4 steps. Perhaps VR would help.

I believe they are releasing the Yellowstone spinoff exclusively on P+. I will probably wait until it is out and sub for a month to watch that.

So far Scott, I agree. When I'm done watching the Star Trek series (Discovery and Picard) I'll probably cancel, unless the next Star Trek (Strange New Worlds) comes along soon. Aside from the Star Trek series, there's nothing Paramount has that interests me.
Star Trek is the only thing I watch on it also.

Reactions: Jimbo and GRG
I do those 4 steps in 2 seconds. I guess we could make that 5 steps, I had to pick up the remote. ;)
OK. 2 seconds. Wow. Let it never be said that Bobby is slowing down with age. ;) I'm younger than he is, but it would take me many times that time to bumble around to try and find my shows. :(

Reactions: Foxbat
Just cancelled it. There isn't going to be any new Star Trek till about 2022, and that is all I used it for.

I agree. After watching Picard, Star Trek Discovery, and The Good Fight, there wasn't much else we wanted to watch. We were interested in trying out All Rise, but CBS all access (and the new Paramount+) doesn't even carry the first season of their own show! How ridiculous!

I have an antenna and can record the CBS channel, so for me, CBS all access (and the new Paramount+) was pretty useless. Not worth the money for me.

I agree. After watching Picard, Star Trek Discovery, and The Good Fight, there wasn't much else we wanted to watch. We were interested in trying out All Rise, but CBS all access (and the new Paramount+) doesn't even carry the first season of their own show! How ridiculous!

I have an antenna and can record the CBS channel, so for me, CBS all access (and the new Paramount+) was pretty useless. Not worth the money for me.
That is because Warner Bros (AT&T) owns and is the producer, CBS just licenses the show to be shown on it’s network for the current season, same reason why past seasons of Big Bang and Young Sheldon are not on Paramount+, Star Trek and the rest you named are owned by CBS( Viacom-Paramount).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts