Partial Signal Loss (00-00-00)

We have a 722K with the OTA tuner module. Because of the 00-00-00 problem, I only have two OTA channels programmed in on the 722K. It used to be just one, but with MeTV being off of Dish (for 3-1/2 months and counting), we added it. Both OTA channels are strong signals.

Last week, my wife was complaining of the 00-00-00 error and was worried she would lose what she was recording on a network channel on Dish. It turns out that the signal was low on BOTH OTA channels because of weather conditions and causing the error code. When there is a temperature inversion, signals sometimes carry farther than they should. It lets you pick up OTA channels from far away, but makes the nearby channels weaker or disappear completely. Fortunately, her show on Dish recorded just fine, although watching anything else was nearly impossible since the guide button fix only worked for a minute or less.

BTW, I like to scan with the TV (not the 722K) for new OTA channels during temperature inversions. We are near Lima, Ohio and picked up Green Bay, WI one time. 325 miles for an OTA signal is pretty good.

Reactions: moonwink