Patience Almost Gone!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DBKD77

Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
milwaukee
I Have A Coolsat 8000, 90cm Fortek Dish [stationary],, Snh-031 Invacom Lnb. Now I Realize It Is Not A Beginner Reciever. I Am Getting A Good Signal With The 18.00 Signal Finder, But The Reciever Shows Only 75% Signal And No Quality At All. Is There A Set Up Screen I Am Missing? I Purchased The Reciever In April From Go Satellite, I Am Assuming It Has The Latest Software. I Have A Couple Of Telephone Wires In My Way, Do You Think They Matter? My Zip Code Is 53215 , Milw. Wi Thanks!!

First thing first, set the LNB frequency to 9750/10600 or universal. second, set the correct look angle on thew dish to what the satellite you are trying to catch.
Third, set the active TP information into the receiver then track the sky.

be patient... go and drink a few beers and try it again in a day or two. persistance is the only way to overcome this frustration. I had similar frustrations when I first got started... do some searches for some laughs at some of my ancient threads with similar problems with my ku setup

If your sat finder is telling you that you are on something. Do a blind scan.

Lesson One I have learned.

When in doubt, do a blind scan.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all of the transponders are active on a given bird. When you're on the setup screen and pretty sure you've got your dish pointed at a particular bird, scroll through the different transpoders to see if you get quality readings on any of them. If not, you're either A) not on the sat you think you're on or B) you need to re-aim the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)