PBS HD in Seattle...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
From what I have heard, both local PBS stations are going HD tomorrow for Seattle/Tacoma market on E*.

Brad

'Bout time...

But "both" local PBS stations? You have two?

We'll probably never see it.

Yes, we have 2, KCTS 9 & KBTC 28. Ch 9 is out of Seattle, Ch 28 is from "Bates Technical College" out of Lakewood, about 35 miles south of Seattle.

About 5+ years ago you needed a 148 wing dish to get KBTC (and some other shop at home chans). The main reason people wanted the channel is because it carried the "Red Green show". Nine out of ten times people requested the wing dish upgrade was for that one show.

Yes, we have 2, KCTS 9 & KBTC 28. Ch 9 is out of Seattle, Ch 28 is from "Bates Technical College" out of Lakewood, about 35 miles south of Seattle.

About 5+ years ago you needed a 148 wing dish to get KBTC (and some other shop at home chans). The main reason people wanted the channel is because it carried the "Red Green show". Nine out of ten times people requested the wing dish upgrade was for that one show.

KBTC is not in Lakewood. It is out of Tacoma. I worked there when I got my degree in broadcast engineering. The station is located at 2320 S. 19th St. Tacoma,WA. 98405.

KBTC is not in Lakewood. It is out of Tacoma. I worked there when I got my degree in broadcast engineering. The station is located at 2320 S. 19th St. Tacoma,WA. 98405.

Your right, I was thinking of Clover Park Tech College for some reason, it is in Lakewood and they are about 2 miles apart. Anyway, same basic area.

Iceberg, any idea on how long the delay will be?

Thanks,
Brad

Your right, I was thinking of Clover Park Tech College for some reason, it is in Lakewood and they are about 2 miles apart. Anyway, same basic area.

Iceberg, any idea on how long the delay will be?

Thanks,
Brad

The TV station was originally the KSTW then they moved to a new location closer to Seattle and donated the station to Bates. In fact in the contract if KSTW facility goes down then can operate out of that location as a backup till the new location is running again. Then the chief of operations for KSTW became a teacher at Bates. I keep in touch w/ the CE there and a couple of the staff at the college. So I know the history and the facility pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)