PBS HDTV on AMC3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beeb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I upgraded to a 1 meter dish specifically to get reliable reception of the PBS HDTV station on AMC3. With the 76 cm dish I rarely could lock onto it with my Twinhan 1020a DVB card. With the 1 meter Winegard I still couldn't get it reliably yesterday though. On that sat there is a Direcway transponder which comes in with very good quality all the time, but the PBS stations in the Ku band could not be locked yesterday. They were OK this morning. Could it have been the fog? Anyway, I upgraded to a 1m dish to be able to watch that station in bad weather conditions, and it doesn't seem to have worked 100%. Is the signal from those PBS transponders really weak (I'm in Alberta, Canada), or do I need a more reliable receiver (the Twinhan DVB card is not the best in terms of radio characteristics)? Or maybe I still need to tweak the dish/motor, although I already did that for a few hours, and seem to be getting every satellite I wanted.

I can pick up the HD siganl pretty good in MN...however, it makes my Pansat whack out because its HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)