PBS tries Kickstarter for Funding new NOVA Episodes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I was watching "This Week in Tech" on TWiT.TV tonight and one of the guests, David Pogue, mentioned that PBS was trying Kickstarter to help pay for a follow-up to the NOVA series he hosted in 2015 called "Hunting the Elements". There are less than two weeks left to reach the $200,000 All-or-Nothing goal:

Even though our family already pledges to our local PBS station, I went ahead and kicked in another $35. David Pogue helps make science (in this case chemistry) entertaining and more accessible to the public. You never know what spark might get started in a young student's mind by watching NOVA.

Anyway, I thought I'd spread the word amongst my fellow SatelliteGuys. After all, this site wouldn't exist without chemical rockets propelling geostationary satellites into orbit! And, well, Because Science!

Reactions: FTA4PA and osu1991
Well, phooey. I guess there weren't enough people willing to fund the new installment of the NOVA Chemistry series about molecules. The Kickstarter closed at about 75% to their goal of $200K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)