Peaking with computer signal analyzer softwre

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkv7196

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Calgary, AB
Is software like ebspro a good way to peak the dish? I'm getting some odd inconsistencies with it. For example, 3844H on 99.2w is showing as 59% in ebspro but in dvbdream it's 84%. Which number should be trusted?

I occasionally see packet losses when I'm monitoring the signal with dvb software which might be from the dish not being peaked properly, so I'm hoping to get it adjusted to a point where I don't see any packet losses.

DrfNlJU.jpg

Is software like ebspro a good way to peak the dish? I'm getting some odd inconsistencies with it. For example, 3844H on 99.2w is showing as 59% in ebspro but in dvbdream it's 84%. Which number should be trusted?

I occasionally see packet losses when I'm monitoring the signal with dvb software which might be from the dish not being peaked properly, so I'm hoping to get it adjusted to a point where I don't see any packet losses.

DrfNlJU.jpg
Yes, although I would use the S/N figure, not the quality figure. It is a lot more stable and responds to very small changes in alignment. If you use the Android mobile app, it will speak the S/N ratio out loud so you can have both hands free for adjustments.

I agree with DVB S2. A Signal to Noise Ratio reading is a calibrated measurement of the signal presented to the demodulator. The S/N ratio reading is much more responsive to minute adjustments.

The Signal Quality reading is an uncalibrated and dampened display of the receiver's ability to process a signal after applying Forward Error Correction (FEC) to fill in for missing or corrupted data. The Bit Error Rate (BER) is a calibrated measurement of the ratio of complete data vs lost or corrupted data. It is often displayed as a post or pre FEC measurement.

These readings provide valuable information about the signal, the receiver's hardware and software performance. Together, they reflect the strength and integrity of the incoming signal and the receiver's capability to process the data.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts