Personal Computer Game News

Well it also didn't help that Gears and QB ran like absolute sh*t when they first came out, partly because of v-sync restrictions and no SLI Support.

It might also be partly because Microsoft seems to be forcing their developers to make PC ports whether they want to or not. It's no excuse for putting out a bad product but I can see why the Windows 10 Store version wouldn't be a high priority when no one is shopping in that storefront. Any last minute polishing time is going to into the Xbox One version that people will actually play.

Maybe the shift to selling on Steam will help with that. For a lot of PC gamers Steam is the only platform there is. If a game isn't available on Steam it may as well not exist as far as those people are concerned. If Gears 4 also goes up for sale on Steam it will automatically sell many times more copies than it would as a Windows 10 Store exclusive so there would be a lot more incentive to make it work properly.

Id like for the Steam news to be followed by EA being able to sell on Origin and them adopting Xbox Anywhere line-wide. Would be huge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah I would love it if Titanfall 2 worked with Play Anywhere. I would rather buy it on PC because that's where I play more often but I'm more likely to play with friends on Xbox. Plus I seem to remember the player base getting really small really quickly for Titanfall 1 on Origin.

It would be great to be able to buy one copy of the game and have the choice to play on Xbox or PC. Even if they didn't do the cross-play stuff they are doing with Microsoft published games it would still be really cool. Cross-buy would be enough for me. Unfortunately I don't see the third party publishers getting on board with Play Anywhere anytime soon.

I've always wondered why PC gamers don't get more EA sports games. I mean other than FIFA they get nothing. I'm sure PC gamers would like to finally have a AAA American Football game to play. It's even more insulting considering that Madden got its start on PC.

I've always wondered why PC gamers don't get more EA sports games. I mean other than FIFA they get nothing. I'm sure PC gamers would like to finally have a AAA American Football game to play. It's even more insulting considering that Madden got its start on PC.

According to Peter Moore the reason they scrapped Madden on PC was that it was actually losing them money. Apparently they didn't sell enough copies on PC to justify the cost of making it. Moore blamed piracy as the reason Madden wasn't making money on PC.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/04/30/peter-moore-on-no-madden-for-pc

"Piracy's a big issue on the PC. I can't turn a blind eye to the fact that it's very difficult for us... and we lose money making a game. At some point, I have an obligation not to bring out products that lose money," said Moore.

I LOVE when they blame piracy for all their problems..

I'm not sure whether piracy was the main problem or not but it's pretty clear they weren't making money on it. As a company who loves their money they never would have canned the PC versions of their sports games if they were bringing in money.

I also don't doubt that piracy makes the PC platform a much less attractive space for developers than consoles. It has to be pretty disheartening to see your work pirated 5 times more than it was purchased. Seeing numbers like that has to make publishers feel a while lot better about the locked down nature of the PS4 and Xbox One. Even as someone who prefers to play on PC I don't blame them.

I respect what CD Projekt Red has done with their Witcher games and their DRM free GOG storefront. That attitude that has earned them a lot of respect among PC gamers certainly didn't get the pirates to stop stealing from them and actually support their products though. The Witcher 2 was pirated 4.5 million times on PC and just like with Punch Club it was pirated about 5 times for every legitimate purchase. It's clearly a major problem for the PC gaming industry.

I just grabbed Stardew Valley, Oxenfree, TWD Michonne, Invisible Inc, and The Banner Saga. Outside of TWD and Invisible Inc they should run pretty well on my integrated graphics while I continue to wait for a GPU. That's part of the reason I bought Stardew Valley today even though it is only $3 off. The rest of them were pretty good deals.

With the way Steam is doing their sales now with all games being at their best price from the beginning I'm probably done with the sale unless something happens to catch my eye. I spent a total of $42 on 5 games which is pretty restrained compared to what I have done in past Steam summer sales.

I just grabbed Stardew Valley, Oxenfree, TWD Michonne, Invisible Inc, and The Banner Saga. Outside of TWD and Invisible Inc they should run pretty well on my integrated graphics while I continue to wait for a GPU. That's part of the reason I bought Stardew Valley today even though it is only $3 off. The rest of them were pretty good deals.

With the way Steam is doing their sales now with all games being at their best price from the beginning I'm probably done with the sale unless something happens to catch my eye. I spent a total of $42 on 5 games which is pretty restrained compared to what I have done in past Steam summer sales.

I actually just ended up refunding TWD Michonne and buying it from GOG instead. They are having a TellTale games sale so it was the same price and I'm going to try to start buying more of my games there instead of Steam when it is an option.

Yeah I'll be picking it up on Steam only because I have wallet credits waiting to be spent. I do need to sell some of my cards though to get my balance up enough.

That shows the state of the market nowadays where something is announced and more than 1 character type is shown and everyone just guesses that it's a MOBA.

That shows the state of the market nowadays where something is announced and more than 1 character type is shown and everyone just guesses that it's a MOBA.

True but I think a lot of people who come to those conclusions have probably never played a MOBA before because they don't seem to know what they are.

Lots of people were calling Overwatch a MOBA and comparing to Battleborn but all the MOBA's I know of have 3 lanes, creeps, towers, and character leveling where you start from scratch and level up during each game. Overwatch doesn't have any of those things. The only similarities are really a diverse character roster and unique abilities for each character.

As someone who loves Civ V I think this is a cool idea. I hope they aren't planning to teach actual history with it though. As the article pointed out Gandhi is typically the most aggressive leader and tends to resort to nukes before anyone else. Also you can end up building out pretty much any culture's technology no matter which leader you choose to play as.

I suppose you would still be learning about things ancient cultures did but the fact that they probably won't actually be coming from the right countries probably limits their effectiveness.

Super Nintendo Classic - Avail Sept 29

GameStop is bringing back game rentals (Seriously)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)