Personal Computer Game News

Discussion in 'Video Game Reviews & Discussions' started by rockymtnhigh, Jun 4, 2014.

1. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they fix it. It's a little annoying though that this happens so often and developers seem to not notice it or fix it before launch. I don't think it's reasonable to expect PC gamers to lock in a nearly 80% reduction in frame rate in order to get a game to play the way it was intended.

2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is being de-listed from the Steam Store this week, so it's on sale for 80% off. However, the DLC that is basically necessary to enjoy the game is still at full price.

Steam Community :: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

This game could have been AWESOME but it just ended up being a mess. All they had to do was use 3's engine with 1-3's maps and it would have been perfect. Instead we got a weird hybrid that never quite gelled. You'd be better off finding a way to play 3 again honestly.

3. In a move that definitely does not reek of desperation at all, EA is now allowing people to play the first 10 hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda for free. This includes single and multiplayer content. This offer expires on November 1.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial

4. EA has done free trials after release with other games in the past. The main difference is that you had to be an EA/Origin Access member to get access to the trials. This time it's open to everyone, including PS4 owners who can't sign up for EA Access.

5. Right. The fact that this is being done for EVERYONE shows a bit of a lack of confidence. I'm willing to bet that ME:A will be either on Access or cut to like $20 by the end of the year.