Physical address change to get different local channels on Dish Network

If I am understanding what you posted, I don't know how Directv works but with DISH they simply are not going to send a replacement receiver to the billing address. If DISH is sending a free replacement for a defective receiver I don't know if instead you can arrange that with a local installer to have them not come to the service address with that free replacement. If you buy the receiver no problem.
I have had Dish send a replacement receiver to my billing address. Of course, if Dish did try to send a replacement receiver to my service address, I could just call UPS with the tracking number and have them hold the package for me at the local UPS warehouse so I can pick it up myself.

I have had Dish send a replacement receiver to my billing address. Of course, if Dish did try to send a replacement receiver to my service address, I could just call UPS with the tracking number and have them hold the package for me at the local UPS warehouse so I can pick it up myself.
I con't do that when my service address is 800 miles away. ;)

If you pay the $40 yearly UPS membership fee, you can Change any package address from and app or UPS online.

So if Dish sends something to your service address, you can go into your UPS premium account, change the shipping address to where you actually want it, as long as it didn't obviously leave the local facility.

You can't do this otherwise without Dish authorization to UPS.
You can only Hold the package at the local Facility.
Thats 35 miles from my house.

Now our household and business orders a lot through UPS, so its worth it for us.

This was also how I got my Hopper 2 replacement to my "Moved" address.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I've never had a problem with my "moved" address. I even had some receiver return boxes sent to that address on accident.

I have dish network an I live in ga near the South Carolina line I get all South Carolina locals an I want Atlanta locals what can I do?
You must be in the Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market. There are 4 GA counties which are in that market...
GA counties of Stephens, Franklin, Hart and Elbert....
Unfortunately those living in these border counties are often stuck with local channels from places with which they have no connection....Quite frankly the entire local affiliate concept is outdated and should be eliminated

Reactions: jamesjimcie
As nearly full time RV'ers, we change our service address frequently, sometimes as often as daily. I've even changed it twice in one day. Our billing address stays the same of course. Dish has never expressed any interest in where we are or how often we change locations. It's not uncommon that we'll move and still be within the previous location's spot beam, in which case we may not bother to change our address until the next move, depending on how long we're staying.

Reactions: jcanavera
Never changed twice in one day but have done daily Service Address changes. We too only change the Service Address when we move out of spot beam. Reason is that the day we change the Service Address, we don't get PTAT that night because the schedule changes happen before the afternoon switch.

Early on we were using an adjacent DMA when the VIP 622 failed. I had to adjust the Service Address so the replacement came to the correct place.

Between PTAT recording too many programs we didn't want, and the mentioned "first day" non-recording issue, we turned off PTAT and have just the network programs we want set to record using the "Seek & Record" feature on our HWS. It doesn't matter what local channel they come up on, the HWS finds and records them.

Reactions: pattykay
If "Seek & Record" was still available, that would be an option, but that has gone away, at least on the Hopper 3.

If "Seek & Record" was still available, that would be an option, but that has gone away, at least on the Hopper 3.
and the (s)hits just keep on coming. That would be a deal breaker, even without all the other shortcomings.

Reactions: Tampa8
The seek feature is not gone, but I am too high right now to remember how to set it. I can say it's in the search and a way you select the recording.

What I found in Search if you enter something that is not in the guide, then you can set for a future record. But if it is in the guide, like a broadcast show in the Prime Time period, it selects the next showing using the channel, not a general any channel, anytime, like "Seek & Record" did.

Hmmmm, if a "Seek & Record" equivalent feature is missing from the H3, that's one more reason for me to stick with our two H2's.
Not really since next (supposedly) month the H2 will be updated to the same firmware that eliminates the seek & record that isn't a good reason not to upgrade.

Not really since next (supposedly) month the H2 will be updated to the same firmware that eliminates the seek & record that isn't a good reason not to upgrade.

When Dish supports two H3's on a single account that can interact with each other, I might reconsider then. One H3 can not replace our current two H2's located in two different places, one of them mobile.

When Dish supports two H3's on a single account that can interact with each other, I might reconsider then. One H3 can not replace our current two H2's located in two different places, one of them mobile.
If the two H3's were in two different places, how would they interact with each other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)