pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Side rim shot for Iceberg

Ice, here's a side view of the rim.

Attachments

• side-adth.jpg
    side-adth.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 557
thats kinda how I am here. Only do stuff outside in the winter when necessary :)

Wasn't it you that said in a prior poll that you prefer the cold weather to do work on your dishes than warm weather??

Are you changing your story? :)

I HATE winter, period.

Wasn't it you that said in a prior poll that you prefer the cold weather to do work on your dishes than warm weather??

Are you changing your story? :)
you are correct sir but I'm not changing my story. I'd rather work in cold than the heat but you can't do anything on the roof when there is snow on it :)

Also when it got to -20 with winds you learn to do the absolute necessary items when out there :D

Here my Dish farm. Picture one 12 foot Unimesh, C band movable. 85cm ADTH with dual LNBF's for G-10 and G-27. Picture two 90cm Primestar for AMC 3.

Looks like the typical neighborhood backyard , I'm not kidding ... classic Chicago near suburbs neighborhood.

How close are you to me , my Zip is 60546.

you are correct sir but I'm not changing my story. I'd rather work in cold than the heat but you can't do anything on the roof when there is snow on it :)

Also when it got to -20 with winds you learn to do the absolute necessary items when out there :D

-20 should be ILLEGAL, even -20 degrees Celsius, that's waaaay too cold

As promised, these are pictures of my latest dish "Farm" taken just a little while ago.

First picture is family Pstar 84e pointed at Hispasat 30W
Second picture is the family 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle.
Third picture is the family 123W and 129W multi-lnb setup.
Fourth picture is the family 10 foot SAMI for their 4DTV.
Fifth picture is our OTA antenna.
Sixth picture is my newly acquired Solid Birdview that I drove to Nashville to get. :)
Seventh picture is my 123W and 129W multi-lnb setup.
Eighth through eleventh is still of the 123/129 setup but just for Anole, shows the naked Bullet LNBF from SatAV mounted with the top half of an ordinary ground clamp from Lowes. I ground off the little hole and set-screw on the very top. See the little notches that hold it in place with the proper skew. :cool:
Twelfth picture is my 87W and 97W multi-lnb setup.
Thirteenth picture is my 7.5 foot Perfect 10 for my 4DTV.
Fourteenth picture is my motorized Pstar 84e with 1m in the background.
Fifteenth picture is my 1M Pstar with Universal LNBF mounted and pointed at Hispasat 30W.
Sixteenth picture is my pride and joy, and first Birdview I found on my own, my Perfed Birdview.

family-hispasat.jpg family-pinnacle.jpg family-123-129.jpg family-sami.jpg ota.jpg

solid-bview.jpg 123-129.jpg naked-bullet.jpg naked-bullet2.jpg naked-bullet3.jpg

naked-bullet4.jpg 87-97.jpg 7-5-p10.jpg motorized-pstar-1m.jpg 1m-hispasat.jpg

perfed-bview.jpg

It has taken me a little over a year and a half to find, take down, and put up all the dishes you see. Some I paid a token amount for, but most were free. The best dishes were free for working to remove them from people's yards and clean up the pipe in the ground.

talk about an orgy of dishes :) That is truly fricking amazing

God what I would do with a roof like that (oh wait...you just did) :D

Thanks Iceberg!

I simply took your idea and inspiration and worked with what I had to work with. :)

Remember all those questions about multi-switches, ecoda switches etc. All your answers were put to good use. :D

I had a lot of teachers, and am still learning from all of you.

The dish hunting/acquiring part is simply a gift from above. :cool:

He surely wants me involved in this hobby. :)

Hey Guy,

I thought about trying to start one, but the cost was prohibitive. :D

That's an incredible farm you've got going there. :cool: I remember reading the thread when you were researching starting a cable company, too bad the economics aren't there anymore, if anyone could have pulled it off you could have. About 20 years too late in the game for that I guess.....but 20 years ago folks weren't begging people to haul off their "unwanted" Birdviews either! :D

Linuxman, if I can remember, I'll shoot a picture of WDSU-DT's Ku dish farm (on their roof).

It bears a striking resemblance to yours (minus your C-Band dishes :D )

Have you ever played a game of neighborhood football on your roof? ;)

Thanks phlatwound.

It has been a lot of hard work.

Yes Glen4cindy, they are all on the roof. :)

Have you ever played a game of neighborhood football on your roof?
Never thought about it, but the kids want a swimming pool up there. :D

I could probably work it in on the east side of the roof if I don't put up any more BUDS. :cool:

I posted these in the old dish hunting thread and said his roof was going to look like the TV Guide building roof in Tulsa. They have 20 BUD's on the roof and are right next door to Dishnetworks Tulsa call center

Attachments

• DSC06166.JPG
    DSC06166.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC06168.JPG
    DSC06168.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 615
Hey OSU,

I remember seeing that picture in the "hunting" thread. The only thing that comes close to that around here is on the roof of Wesport Plaza on the South side. It has about 10 BUDs and 4 or 5 ku dishes. :)

Thanks Corrado,

I have gotten a few questions from neighbors and people at the bank. They can see me working on the dishes from the drive-up window. I have also had out of town people stop in the street and stare at the roof for a few minutes and then drive on. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.