pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's mine:

7.5 foot Perfect 10 C-Band Dish, 1m Motorized Primestar, Old Directv Dish on house for TSreader use, 1m Motorized Primestar.

And my tomato plants and grill on the back porch. :D

dishfarm.jpg

I posted these in the old dish hunting thread and said his roof was going to look like the TV Guide building roof in Tulsa. They have 20 BUD's on the roof and are right next door to Dishnetworks Tulsa call center

Nice dishes. They are probably worth upword of $2,000,000

Iceberg

Did you get your 180 Fortec dish up and running again? did the replacement struts help?

yep its back up now :)
The replacement parts were shorter than the originals. I don't know if that's how they come now or not. THe advantage of them is the dish leans back a little bit more so there isnt allot of strain on the frame. The bad part was my markings on the adjuster (for true south and the far west satellites) are wrong now.

Here are the pics. I put it out today to see how much loss I have on this one with the crushed panel versus the other dish that is all in one piece and to play with it. Yes the bent panel does hurt some signal, it might be the LNB I'm using though...waiting on my stacked C-Band LNBF :D

Yes that is how I aim the dish...bring TV and receiver outside and put on tailgate on truck to aim. I have a cable out in the garage that runs into the house so when I'm done, I unhook the temp cable and hook up the cable that is wound up in the garage .

Attachments

• 000_0489.jpg
    000_0489.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 430
  • 000_0490.jpg
    000_0490.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 000_0491.jpg
    000_0491.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 000_0492.jpg
    000_0492.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 423
  • 000_0493.jpg
    000_0493.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 607
Reactions: spongella
mine is 38 for true south and the pic above is just a smidge off true south. That was at either AMC4 or G25 (I forget) but they're all pretty much around 38 degrees

stogie5150 said:
Move South my Brother. Too damn cold up there anyhow
well we had 78 on Tuesday, 70 Wednesday and snow this morning...ahh to live in Minnesota :)

Imagine living on the equator where the dish would be a birdbath pointed at true south!!

Hey Ice, I don't think your dish will pass the "string" test.

Fred, All you need now is some dual c and dual ku feedhorns on those buds, a couple of racks of powervu receivers and modulators, plus some hardline and taps to string along to the neighbors.

Voila!! instant cable company.

mine is 38 for true south and the pic above is just a smidge off true south. That was at either AMC4 or G25 (I forget) but they're all pretty much around 38 degrees

well we had 78 on Tuesday, 70 Wednesday and snow this morning...ahh to live in Minnesota :)

My true south is 42.2 degrees, AMC 3, 87w in Illinois.

Fred, All you need now is some dual c and dual ku feedhorns on those buds, a couple of racks of powervu receivers and modulators, plus some hardline and taps to string along to the neighbors.

Voila!! instant cable company.
Nah, if they want what I have, I'll help them get it, but I'm not going to start doing anything that might get me into trouble. :)

can not grow grass -- maybe dishes

I got the pictures from the camera to the computer. Tried to put in the forum and after 1 1/2 hours, explorer crashed -- No picture nor the reply posted. Will try again.

Looks like it may be working with two pictures. the first one is the Winegard dish, hanging from the hoist just after getting it reassembled. Behind it are 3 smaller dishes for amc4, g10r and 119 (poor man's NASA).
The second shotis the 1 M primmestar aimed at G25. with the prime power and two motorhomes behind it.

Attachments

• DSCN0183.JPG
    DSCN0183.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 547
  • DSCN0185.JPG
    DSCN0185.JPG
    889.8 KB · Views: 567
south view zero elevation

I tried posting these on the "Pics of dish farm thread" and they would not go. So trying again as a new thread. The hills are at my elevation:). the major problem here is the wind. In these pictures are over 200 wind generators!

Pict 1 is due east the neighbor is 1 mile away
Pict 2 is due south
Pict 3 is our neighbor, north west a half mile away.
Picture 4 is due west. That hill is about 200 feet higher than I am, and almost 3.5 miles away

Attachments

• DSCN0168.JPG
    DSCN0168.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN0169.JPG
    DSCN0169.JPG
    807.8 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    834.9 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCN0170.JPG
    DSCN0170.JPG