pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is my dish farm. 2 36" GeoSat Pro's. One motorized and one fixed on G10 G27 and Nasa. Just finished the new install of the motorized system. Took it off the roof and put it where I can get to it all the time now. Works great and I can get all the birds you can here in the NW USA.

My receiver is a Mercury II

FTA has been super fun for me and is my only system now.:)

Are the LNB brackets that you used for the Tripple LNBs the same as those on Gosatellite's website? If not can you tell me the make and where you purchased it?:)

I know I've posted some pics previously but they were from the winter, these are from this spring. The one pic which shows a tower with two dishes on it are Express-Vu and Direct TV(came with the house, no longer in use). Above the two on the tower is a 5' parabolic UHF antenna which I have connected to 2 TVs in the house and a VHF antenna which is connected to the upstairs FM receiver for music upstairs and on the deck. There is also an ExpressVu dish on the back of the garage for tunes etc. while working out there.

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    555.4 KB · Views: 445
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 431
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    533.8 KB · Views: 429
sure wish iceberg take a vacation to the beach and set mine up proper i keep ending up dunking myself into the ocean after a day of frustration lol

pics of your dish setup - redux

Some months back, Iceberg created a thread where folks were asked to post pics of their dish farm / dish setup. Those pictures were really interesting. :)

That thread is closed. So, here is another thread. Please post pictures of your dish setup or dish farm. I'm sure people would be curious to see what others use for their FTA signal gathering.

To kick it off, here are photos showing what I use to receive FTA signal. I'm renting, so the dish mounts have to be removable. Except for the blocks, the dish mount materials were mostly free.

Even if you posted before, maybe you could show something new.... perhaps that new LNBF setup.:cool:

Attachments

• myfarm-1.jpg
    myfarm-1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 591
  • setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 376
I'll have to merge this one with the original....maybe the age of the thread??
edit: posts merged into the original thread

Thanks for the reminder...I just updated my dish farm. Moved the dish from G10 to another spot...kinda weird not to have 123W as a fixed dish. I guess with PBS next door I usually keep the dish near there :)

Last edited:
Nice farm guapoharry :)

When I had my Fortecstar 6' dish setup, I had it the mounted the same way to play around with. What is it pointed at?

Thanks. The six footer is pointed at G16. My job changed, so I can't stay up to see the late night talk shows anymore. It's great to be able to watch them on GMT-5 time when I live in GMT-7. :cool:

Got the Array mostly done before winter sets in. CM on 101 till I get a vbox, one p* at 125 with 0.2 db linear, one p* at 125 with DN FSS, Modified superdishes at 129, 87, 101. Haven't decied where to aim the others yet.

Attachments

• SD-121 Mod2.JPG
    SD-121 Mod2.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 447
  • SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 505
  • util room.jpg
    util room.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 520
  • DP34_1.jpg
    DP34_1.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 420
  • Array_3.jpg
    Array_3.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 437
I posted my two dish farm back in May. But here's pics of my farm now.

100_4615.JPG
In the first pic, out front of the house, the 75E has AMC21 and Galaxy 27. The pizza dish I stuck at E*5 thinking I could get a PBS there, but lyngsat isn't always accurate.

100_4616.JPG

This one, out back of the house, left to right, I have E*7, Galaxy 18, Galaxy 13, Galaxy 25, AMC4, Galaxy 16 c-band, Nimiq 1, Horizons 2, AMC5, Nimiq 4, AMC 3, Galaxy 17, Galaxy 16 Ku, and AMC 15.

I even got the neighbour's BEV dish in the shot.

I just set up the Winegard 1M with a cheapy Panorama C-Band LNB to see what I'd get, yesterday. The nets are JUST watchable, so I picked up a BSC421 on fleabay today to see what improvement I'd get. If all goes well, good bye sub. :)

I posted my two dish farm back in May. But here's pics of my farm now.

View attachment 30857
In the first pic, out front of the house, the 75E has AMC21 and Galaxy 27. The pizza dish I stuck at E*5 thinking I could get a PBS there, but lyngsat isn't always accurate.

View attachment 30858

This one, out back of the house, left to right, I have E*7, Galaxy 18, Galaxy 13, Galaxy 25, AMC4, Galaxy 16 c-band, Nimiq 1, Horizons 2, AMC5, Nimiq 4, AMC 3, Galaxy 17, Galaxy 16 Ku, and AMC 15.

I even got the neighbour's BEV dish in the shot.

I just set up the Winegard 1M with a cheapy Panorama C-Band LNB to see what I'd get, yesterday. The nets are JUST watchable, so I picked up a BSC421 on fleabay today to see what improvement I'd get. If all goes well, good bye sub. :)

Cool array, drop the sub use the $$$ to buy a Hi-def reciever!

Already have one. Then the mini-bud was my next project. With that borderline acceptable I'm just waiting for a new BSC421 LNB to show up.

And after 10 years of paying my wife's student loans are paid off. So, no loan payment, no sub payment.... I might finally be able to afford a motor! :)

My small starter farm, attached to the west side of a small garage. G18, AMC21, and G25, front to back. The view from the street is now obscured by a trellis.

farmette.jpg roadview.jpg

Last edited:
Ok the challenge questions for all you expert FTAers (in order of difficulty):

1. how many dishes?
2. how many lnbs?
3. size and make of each dish?
4. which satellite is each dish pointed at?
5. what channel is each dish currently decoding?

Attachments

• dfarm.png
    dfarm.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 449
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)