Picture Quality Noticable Getting Worse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ghosting would usually show up on a tv that had an airial or on analog cable with the locals mostly. You stated that you moved the offending tv downstairs and it lessened but not completely, is it showing up on the other tv as well? Those signal ratings are good and not indicative of a coax problem either wich the ghosting would not be caused by a bad line from the dish to the receiver. Ghosting can also be caused by an external terristrial source such as a ham radio, microwave source or a radio system such as police, ems, utility, cell tower, ect ect so take a look around to see if there are any new towers up in your area or a neighbors. If its specific to one tv then try swapping the receivers around to see if it follows.

I don't know the reason BUT the SD picture quality hasn't been consistently good on many channels for years... Back in 97 when I first got Dish it was awesome, but in the past few years it's definitely progressively worst!

I might add that a family member recently got Direct and after having a chance to see various SD channels on there, I have to say that they have better SD on the channels I looked at.

Check those cables from satellite to the house input(wall).
I am having a similar issue and noticed that my home cable just outside is chipped and cracked due to grass trimmer:mad:

Ghosting would usually show up on a tv that had an airial or on analog cable with the locals mostly. You stated that you moved the offending tv downstairs and it lessened but not completely, is it showing up on the other tv as well? Those signal ratings are good and not indicative of a coax problem either wich the ghosting would not be caused by a bad line from the dish to the receiver. Ghosting can also be caused by an external terristrial source such as a ham radio, microwave source or a radio system such as police, ems, utility, cell tower, ect ect so take a look around to see if there are any new towers up in your area or a neighbors. If its specific to one tv then try swapping the receivers around to see if it follows.

Ok pixelating or blocky picture can occur from low signal from the dish but as "van" said ghosting and picture quality(fuzzyness or slight fragmenting) have nothing to do with your signal we are talking digital signal here it either makes or it doesnt why do you think none of these guru's buy expensive hdmi because the quality is them same what your describing is an issue from the rcvr to the t.v. (the rcvr itself the cables to the t.v. or the t.v.) oh yeah its analog from the rcvr to the t.v. just saying before someone cries foul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts