Pictures of my EA Install (some things seem odd to me)

This is what I did with my Hopper node install after the installer left. He left me enough slack so I could arrange it the way I wanted it.

IMG_0048.JPG
PHP:

I feel like when an installer is in my home I have the right to "hover" I don't most of the time but will if I see fit. It's my home and I have every right too. If you want to walk off a job because I want to "hover" then that's you. You must be up to something.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't care for people hovering over me either but if you are just standing there and not saying anything and staring at every thing I do that is what we define as "hover". If you are actively helping hand tools, chit chat about whatever ask simple questions about the system and not try to over complicate things or put me on the spot as to why a channel was removed cause I sure as hell don't know then that is fine. It is your home, and I for one would really like to have someone present close by to ask if I can drill a hole in one spot vs another rather than spend a extra vital few minutes hunting you down most likely thru pets that were not put up or kids that are in the way and not told to do so. But keep this in mind just because we don't appreciate being hovered over doesn't mean we are "up to something", but rather just trying to concentrate and do our job...after all if you could do it and do it better than you should have done so rather than call a professional. There are plenty of do it yourself instructions on this site and others about how to install satellite systems.

I don't care for people hovering over me either but if you are just standing there and not saying anything and staring at every thing I do that is what we define as "hover". If you are actively helping hand tools, chit chat about whatever ask simple questions about the system and not try to over complicate things or put me on the spot as to why a channel was removed cause I sure as hell don't know then that is fine. It is your home, and I for one would really like to have someone present close by to ask if I can drill a hole in one spot vs another rather than spend a extra vital few minutes hunting you down most likely thru pets that were not put up or kids that are in the way and not told to do so. But keep this in mind just because we don't appreciate being hovered over doesn't mean we are "up to something", but rather just trying to concentrate and do our job...after all if you could do it and do it better than you should have done so rather than call a professional. There are plenty of do it yourself instructions on this site and others about how to install satellite systems.

I'm not saying be right on top of you. But I will be in whatever room your in. It's my house and I'm going to keep an eye on things. I'm not saying your a bad person but you honestly never know.

I have no.problem with being followed. Just let me huddle. Plus I can't be blamed for stealing something or breaking something if you are there.

Can we all just get along. Customer should not be hovering over someone trying to do their job and workers should not be playing a fast one on the customer.

I'm not saying be right on top of you. But I will be in whatever room your in. It's my house and I'm going to keep an eye on things. I'm not saying your a bad person but you honestly never know.

Great, that way if something is missing you can't blame the tech. Most people do this and that is fine but keep in mind that going from one room to another is pretty common when trying to do things and this type of work including going up and down stairs pretty quick. I was doing this the other day and the guy kept getting in my way so I kept running into him on purpose finally after the 4th time he stopped following me and got the idea he was in my way.

Let me ask you this, when you drop a vehicle off to get it serviced do you stand there and hover over the mechanic or in the shop room the whole time while its being worked on because remember "It's YOUR house" I mean car!!? lolz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)