Pistons fire Curry

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Wow...a bit of a surpise, has not really been talked about. Humm...who is going to be the next coach!

We touched on the subject in the NBA draft thread. I should have posted a separate thread for it though. My comments are there.

Haven't heard anything about possible replacements yet. Thanks for posting this satjay.

Time to take out the trash...

I heard this over lunch at 1:30pm - I almost gagged on a Buffalo Wild Wing after squealing with delight. I was going to post the news, but Wild sauce and a PDA don't mix. Anyway, this move alone is good for a 5-6 game boost.

We touched on the subject in the NBA draft thread. I should have posted a separate thread for it though. My comments are there.

Haven't heard anything about possible replacements yet. Thanks for posting this satjay.

Your going to love this one being floated out there.....Doug Collins! Did we not try that already!!! while your at it, bring back Allen Houston, Will Purdue and the "Unicorn" uniforms while they are at it

He never got a handle on the team. His substitution patterns were puzzling to say the least. Looking back, I think he was the "sacrificial lamb" for Dumar's planned moves. That's why I thought he would still be here for the upcoming seasons, both of which will be transitional in nature. The Piston's will obviously be big players in the upcoming FA market, and I believe a trade or two to be also on the horizon. When Dumars is done, we won't recognize this team anymore.

In the end, it still may have come down to Rip vs. Curry here. We all know how that battle (star vs. coach) always works out.

Your going to love this one being floated out there.....Doug Collins! Did we not try that already!!! while your at it, bring back Allen Houston, Will Purdue and the "Unicorn" uniforms while they are at it

I don't see that happening. Collins lost the player vs. coach battle with Grant Hill. And then Hill left anyhow. Best trade Dumars ever made. That began the the march to the title, and six straight trips to the conference finals.

He never got a handle on the team. His substitution patterns were puzzling to say the least. Looking back, I think he was the "sacrificial lamb" for Dumar's planned moves. That's why I thought he would still be here for the upcoming seasons, both of which will be transitional in nature. The Piston's will obviously be big players in the upcoming FA market, and I believe a trade or two to be also on the horizon. When Dumars is done, we won't recognize this team anymore.

In the end, it still may have come down to Rip vs. Curry here. We all know how that battle (star vs. coach) always works out.

The Rip vs Curry thing was going to carry over until one of them was gone.

Let me put a buzz in your ear. What about Bill Laimbeer as the next coach? He just left the Shock a week ago or so, to pursue NBA opportunities. Both teams are owned by the Davidson family. Hmmmm....

Let me put a buzz in your ear. What about Bill Laimbeer as the next coach? He just left the Shock a week ago or so, to pursue NBA opportunities. Both teams are owned by the Davidson family. Hmmmm....

Maybe if this was last year, while he has coached WNBA, I dont think Joe would go with him. Looking for an experienced guy....Please say its not Doug Collins part II

I was not surprised about this. I saw this coming when he decided to bench Rip Hamilton.

Avery Johnson, the former Dallas coach is another coaching possibility for the Pistons. I like Avery for the role but Doug Collins is a brilliant basketball mind and is often overlooked as an early coach of Michael and the Bulls. Inside the NBA and especially by Jordan, Doug is given credit for his contributions that led to Phil Jackson winning all those rings.

I wonder how much not having a coach will hamper Joe's pursuit of free agents? Local papers are saying Laimbeer is not a candidate for the coaching job. Names rumored to be on the "short list" are Avery Johnson, The guy Toronto fired, (after he won coach of the year), and Doug Collins. I like Johnson personally.

I wonder how much not having a coach will hamper Joe's pursuit of free agents? Local papers are saying Laimbeer is not a candidate for the coaching job. Names rumored to be on the "short list" are Avery Johnson, The guy Toronto fired, (after he won coach of the year), and Doug Collins. I like Johnson personally.

Still to this day I still think you should've never gotten rid of Flip Saunders. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)