Pixilization

If you have Pixelation and you don't have an OTA, then it has to be in the cabling. Either water damage, damaged cable/connector/hub or somehow you're getting ingress into the system.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you have Pixelation and you don't have an OTA, then it has to be in the cabling. Either water damage, damaged cable/connector/hub or somehow you're getting ingress into the system.

All of a sudden, within the last few days, immediately after a software update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
All of a sudden, within the last few days, immediately after a software update.

I think the Upgrade was Aug 6th or 7th. This thread was started on the 5th and that was after it had been happening for some time

Sorry but "cabling" is the actual reason for pixelation 9 times out of 10. Second would be a bad LNBF. You are a Dish customer, I've been installing Dish for 7 years, I MIGHT know WTH I'm talking about
The condition of my cable has not been altered or compromised

Same thing just started happening with my 3 Joeys in the past week or so. Tonight I had it happen to all 3 Joeys at the same time, had to reset the Hopper and the Joey to get it to clear up. I have an AirTv OTA plugged in. After one of the Hopper reboots, the MOCA status came up as unknown on the Hopper status screen and none of the Joeys would connect. I had to reset the network and after 2-3 mins of the spinning wheel, everything came back including all 3 Joeys.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Sorry but "cabling" is the actual reason for pixelation 9 times out of 10. Second would be a bad LNBF. You are a Dish customer, I've been installing Dish for 7 years, I MIGHT know WTH I'm talking about

No one is questioning your contribution here. In this case though, only joeys are affected, and a reset of the hopper clears the problem for a period of time. One user complaining, sure, I would buy “cabling” as the culprit. Several users, shortly after receiving a software update, I would lean towards a bad update.

No one is questioning your contribution here. In this case though, only joeys are affected, and a reset of the hopper clears the problem for a period of time. One user complaining, sure, I would buy “cabling” as the culprit. Several users, shortly after receiving a software update, I would lean towards a bad update.

Watching from the sidelines, you are likely right. It is new for you and others at the same time. That eliminates cabling. Dish needs to try something else. I sure wish they'd let you back out the update.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I started getting the pixelization on my two Joey3s this week. It seems to happen when my H3's AirTV duel OTA dongle starts to record or maybe when it starts to record a second show.

Sent from my SM-G981U using the SatelliteGuys app!

You know how many times I went to a signal loss call and the customer would tell me "If I unplug it and plug it back in it,'s fine for awhile" and in sweeping the system found bad LNB drift, water damaged connections, cable that the "jacket" had been damaged by animals, etc. water damaged Solo Hubs - you'd be surprised how many times this happens. Although I have noticed the hubs I've seen lately have a seal around the back. I'm not saying it IS cabling or the LNBF, but don't be so quick to rule those out.

Plus, almost every post in here is a customer with an OTA adapter, omeletpants doesn't have an OTAadapter

You know how many times I went to a signal loss call and the customer would tell me "If I unplug it and plug it back in it,'s fine for awhile" and in sweeping the system found bad LNB drift, water damaged connections, cable that the "jacket" had been damaged by animals, etc. water damaged Solo Hubs - you'd be surprised how many times this happens. Although I have noticed the hubs I've seen lately have a seal around the back. I'm not saying it IS cabling or the LNBF, but don't be so quick to rule those out.

Plus, almost every post in here is a customer with an OTA adapter, omeletpants doesn't have an OTAadapter
Wouldn't the Hopper be affected too, with any of those situations you listed?

In this thread and My TV's are like a bad antenna reception. it looks like every affected user's Hopper is working fine, just the Joeys are pixellating. In my case, I received U935 on the morning of 8/14. Late Saturday 8/15, my 1 wired Joey and 2 wireless Joeys started pixellating. The Hopper was OK. This has never happened since my 09/2019 H3 upgrade. I came here to see if anyone else was reporting the issue and saw these two threads. One more incident happened on 8/17. The Hopper reset corrected the Joeys again.

It's just happening to too many people all at once to be blamed on LNB drift, water issues, etc. Several years ago, I had an LNB drift issue that would not be corrected by resetting the Hopper. A tech had to come out and address it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Wouldn't the Hopper be affected too, with any of those situations you listed?

In this thread and My TV's are like a bad antenna reception. it looks like every affected user's Hopper is working fine, just the Joeys are pixellating. In my case, I received U935 on the morning of 8/14. Late Saturday 8/15, my 1 wired Joey and 2 wireless Joeys started pixellating. The Hopper was OK. This has never happened since my 09/2019 H3 upgrade. I came here to see if anyone else was reporting the issue and saw these two threads. One more incident happened on 8/17. The Hopper reset corrected the Joeys again.

It's just happening to too many people all at once to be blamed on LNB drift, water issues, etc. Several years ago, I had an LNB drift issue that would not be corrected by resetting the Hopper. A tech had to come out and address it.
My wired Joey 3 is not pixelating, I have not looked at the 2 wireless Joeys as I do not watch either of them, but have had no complaints about them. I have a Hopper 3 and no OTA adapter.

My wired Joey 3 is not pixelating, I have not looked at the 2 wireless Joeys as I do not watch either of them, but have had no complaints about them. I have a Hopper 3 and no OTA adapter.
It's not happening every day, twice so far for me since the evening of 8/15. Also, I'm not sure what significance the OTA Adapter may have here. I have one, but at least for me it didn't seem to have anything to do with the problem.

Add me to the list of users experiencing this problem on my Joey 2. I used to occasionally have the same issue related to my OTA adapter, but it always seemed to correlate with the start of an OTA recording. The latest issue is occurring at completely random times when there is no OTA activity whatsoever. Rebooting the Hopper is the only way I have been able to resolve it, but I will try unplugging the OTA adapter next time it happens.

As a sidenote, I wish DISH Support would just not post anything at all if they aren't going to post anything helpful. The "bot" responses come across as tone deaf and completely out of touch. I never get the impression that they are actually aware of or doing anything to resolve the issues, which is a shame because there is plenty of information here that could be passed on to their technical team.

Reactions: HipKat
I have that problem with Joey in bedroom occasionally, have to go back out in living room and reboot the hopper, a real pain. I'm hoping they do a software update soon and deal with that problem.

I have that problem with Joey in bedroom occasionally, have to go back out in living room and reboot the hopper, a real pain. I'm hoping they do a software update soon and deal with that problem.
You can reboot the Hopper from the Joey, so you don't have to leave your bedroom. But I agree, I hope we get an update soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts