Plamsa Picture Darkness Problem

jedi_jackson

Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I have a Sanyo 42'' Plasma HDTV from Walmart, not sure the exact model number that I received as a gift and I have had it for a while and I have noticed that anything that I connect to it, like my X-Box 360 with the HDMI connector, my DVD Player with Component Cables, My PS2 with component cables etc, are all very very dark. I have to turn the brightness level all the way up on my TV to make them look good. Luckily my DVD player has built in brightness controls, so I have adjusted it accordingly so I don't have to adjust my TV everytime I watch a movie. I also have a satellite and I still have standard definition satellite (which I plan to upgrade) connected with a S-Video cable and the picture is not dark at all on it.

Is this all normal for Plasmas? or is it just my TV. Also, if I leave the brightness setting all the way up on my TV, will that do any harm to the plasma screen? Also, is there anything I can do for my devices like my X-Box and PS2, etc that will make them brighter without having to adjust my brightness on my TV everytime? Thanks guys!

I don't know anything about your TV but my panasonic plasma has a setting in it the you can choose either a "dark" or "light" picture. Maybe yours has something similar and it's set to "dark". I also had a VIZIO plasma that had something i think called "Dynamic contrast" that darkened the screen when "ON". Hope that helps a little. Maybe someone that owns your brand of plasma too will chime in and help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts