Plasma ED Owners

I have a Gateway Plasma ED, but have HD receivers, so the Hd programming is in HD. Only really watch that TV fot things in HD, but the few SD shows I have watched on it have been fine.

I have a 42 inch Panny ED and I'm very happy with PQ. I believe (and concensus seems to be) that ED is clearly better for SD & DVD viewing. HD comparison depends on your viewing distance. From 6-8 ft or more, most people would be hard-pressed to see a difference in HD PQ comparing ED and native HD panels. See avsforum.com for very extensive discussions on this matter.

Sparkman said:
I have a Gateway Plasma ED, but have HD receivers, so the Hd programming is in HD. Only really watch that TV fot things in HD, but the few SD shows I have watched on it have been fine.

I do not understand these TV's. How can you watch HD programming when the set will not display HD? Isn't the max resolution on these ED TV's 480p?

jabroni said:
Sparkman said:

I do not understand these TV's. How can you watch HD programming when the set will not display HD? Isn't the max resolution on these ED TV's 480p?

That's correct is downconvert to 480p but still is an excellent picture... I also have a samsung plasma 42" with DVI connection but I have not connected any HD signal to it. The SD looks fantastic on it. I imagine that the HD will look superb...

The PQ looks great on my 42" ED Plasma but I want a larger TV. I believe all 50" are HD and I can imagine with HD would look like on one of those baby's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)