Platinum renewal rate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dawgsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2022
Ohio
I’ve had Platinum in one car and streaming for the last year for $10.70 per month. The deal is up and next month the price will increase to $29.79 per month. Any idea on my chances of negotiating a lower rate? Thanks.

I’ve had Platinum in one car and streaming for the last year for $10.70 per month. The deal is up and next month the price will increase to $29.79 per month. Any idea on my chances of negotiating a lower rate? Thanks.
Call them , cancel your subscription and tell them you will only renew if you get it for the same price you’re paying now. It always works.

Call them , cancel your subscription and tell them you will only renew if you get it for the same price you’re paying now. It always works.
I tried that, well I was demanding my $60+fees per year or I cancel, they would only do $99+fees. Per year.So I cancelled been a while now and never heard a peep from them not even any mail. I since learned to love streaming various radio stations instead. Much better music selection.

Reactions: Bobby
Sirius has bugged me with letters every so often, as I got 3 months when I bought my Kia. I can stream the free version of Pandora from my phone through the sound system easily.

I tried that, well I was demanding my $60+fees per year or I cancel, they would only do $99+fees. Per year.So I cancelled been a while now and never heard a peep from them not even any mail. I since learned to love streaming various radio stations instead. Much better music selection.
You will get a snail mail letter with a better deal

You will get a snail mail letter with a better deal
It's been more than 3 months, nothing in tbe mail this time., Not that I care unless it's for $30. per year. It's just simply not worth the repetitive music they play. Better off putting it all on a USB stick and paly it on my car stereo. I don't listen to Howard Stern, since I'm on the west coast the last thing I'm interested in is hearing some replay from New York 3 hours later. I miss the good old days with Opie & Anthony and Tiffany Granath on Playboy Radio.

Reactions: TheKrell
Better off putting it all on a USB stick and paly it on my car stereo.
I heartily agree. I've been doing that since discovering my first Infotainment system in a 2012 300. I hear the best audio quality that way, and certainly much better than the over-compressed satellite channels. I still sub my new 300 to SiriusXM for $5 or 6/month, mainly to discover new music and buy it for my thumb drive.

Reactions: Foxbat and chiodo
I wonder if they are stopping the special offers. Not getting the emails anymore.
I get 2 offers (for two unsubscribed car radios) at least once/week. I think it was $5 or $6/month if paid a year in advance with a free Amazon Dot.

I took advantage of an offer for three months for $2 (total). I didn't think about it at the time but this is their way of getting your credit card number, which is set to automatically renew at the $29 per month rate. I tried calling to cancel and got the run around (not being listened to, put on hold for several minutes, transferred around, told I couldn't be heard, hung up on). SiriusXM is the probably the worst business I've ever had to deal with when trying to cancel. I really feel like they run a scam. I finally got through using their chat but I don't trust them and I'm going to alert my bank that I cancelled and that no further charges should be honored. We'll see.

I took advantage of an offer for three months for $2 (total). I didn't think about it at the time but this is their way of getting your credit card number, which is set to automatically renew at the $29 per month rate. I tried calling to cancel and got the run around (not being listened to, put on hold for several minutes, transferred around, told I couldn't be heard, hung up on). SiriusXM is the probably the worst business I've ever had to deal with when trying to cancel. I really feel like they run a scam. I finally got through using their chat but I don't trust them and I'm going to alert my bank that I cancelled and that no further charges should be honored. We'll see.
Cancel via their website...or maybe just chat with them

Reactions: dennispap
somehow, i've gotten my subscription to bill me about $13/month for 2 vehicles. Been like that for well over a year now. I see the charges monthly, and i check my account.

I still get offers for free echo dot $5/month for 6 months as I have another radio that i haven't used in years, but it's still listed in my account.

I still get offers for free echo dot $5/month for 6 months as I have another radio that i haven't used in years, but it's still listed in my account.
Yup; I get the same only duplicated for my wife's and my daughter's cars.

That is why I use a single-use card number with my Mastercard that I can generate online from my normal account Use this for everything that wants a required auto-renewal.

chatted with sxm on turkey day telling em i wanted to cancel. trying to cancel is like trying to get blood from a turnip!!! i renewed on the platinum package for 132.97 for a year!!! i got the bill in the mail the very next day!!!

Last edited:
That is why I use a single-use card number with my Mastercard that I can generate online from my normal account Use this for everything that wants a required auto-renewal.
i don't do auto renew with sxm after all of the horror stories i heard.. plus when the time comes it gives me more leverage for a better rate. i get a paper bill from em still!!!!

Well, the Bozos keep changing the names of their packages, so I had to go look that up. Just renewing mine for $60/yr went from whatever it was called before to Music and Entertainment. Fine by me. I just tell them to cancel because the regular price is way to high for me since I listen to only one channel. <-- true statement