Playing with my dish - C Band and KU Fun

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
I could eaither get C Band or KU Band with the BSC621-2 but not both at the same time.

Again if someone made a holder that could hold both a 40MM Standard KU LNB and a 65 MM C Band LNB) that would be AWESOME! Then you could truely do C and KU Band on a 1.2 meter Dish.

BTW I was able to get a nice strong signal on G10R C Band on the transponder for the Outdoor channel, however when I scanned it it did not pick up anything. I thought that was odd.

Very strange. My results with same dish/LNBF combo are much different from yours. I am using Lifetime Ultra, and a GI650i analog reciever slaved off the IF port of the Ultra.

I get OK Ku band reception, and OK C band reception on 4 foot offset fortec dish, and the BSC-621-2 LNBF.

I can watch Doc Scott at about 60% signal on Ku band, the WB channels come in about 60 percent on C band, Ohio Network news is 90% Ku.

IA5 I watch FTV, it comes in about 50%, Tele5 (for late saturday night viewing) comes in about 70%.

NY Nets come in about 90%. Fox pegs the meter.
I can get the Test card on Dish network 105 at about 40%

C band analog Doc Scott comes in very sparkly at 50%.
IFC comes in quite well (I actually subscribed to it to authorize the VC2RS decoder), as does the Christian channels, at about 90%
Buena Vista feeds comes in 90%.
Some various feeds now and again (NBC, ABC) come in about 60 to 80%.

All in all, I'd say i have decreased performance with Ku band but it's very watchable. I lost maybe 10 points of signal compared to 30" dish and the Invacom Universal LNB.

Tele5 (for late saturday night viewing) comes in about 70%.

I wonder what he's watching on tele 5 late saturdays :D :D :D
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)