Playing with my dish - C Band and KU Fun

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
I could eaither get C Band or KU Band with the BSC621-2 but not both at the same time.

Again if someone made a holder that could hold both a 40MM Standard KU LNB and a 65 MM C Band LNB) that would be AWESOME! Then you could truely do C and KU Band on a 1.2 meter Dish.

BTW I was able to get a nice strong signal on G10R C Band on the transponder for the Outdoor channel, however when I scanned it it did not pick up anything. I thought that was odd.

Very strange. My results with same dish/LNBF combo are much different from yours. I am using Lifetime Ultra, and a GI650i analog reciever slaved off the IF port of the Ultra.

I get OK Ku band reception, and OK C band reception on 4 foot offset fortec dish, and the BSC-621-2 LNBF.

I can watch Doc Scott at about 60% signal on Ku band, the WB channels come in about 60 percent on C band, Ohio Network news is 90% Ku.

IA5 I watch FTV, it comes in about 50%, Tele5 (for late saturday night viewing) comes in about 70%.

NY Nets come in about 90%. Fox pegs the meter.
I can get the Test card on Dish network 105 at about 40%

C band analog Doc Scott comes in very sparkly at 50%.
IFC comes in quite well (I actually subscribed to it to authorize the VC2RS decoder), as does the Christian channels, at about 90%
Buena Vista feeds comes in 90%.
Some various feeds now and again (NBC, ABC) come in about 60 to 80%.

All in all, I'd say i have decreased performance with Ku band but it's very watchable. I lost maybe 10 points of signal compared to 30" dish and the Invacom Universal LNB.

Tele5 (for late saturday night viewing) comes in about 70%.

I wonder what he's watching on tele 5 late saturdays :D :D :D
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts