PLEASE HELP ME!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I Have 3 satellite dishes. 95w, 97w, and 123w. Each dish has a 2 lnb output. The 2 lnb output is being split into 4 seperate signal outputs for 4 seperate rooms. At the moment I am currently only using 2 receivers, but like i said I can add 2 more for a total of four receivers. I have a pansat 2800a reciever and a globecast receiver. When ever I use the globecast receiver to tune into a channel on the 123w location, all the 95w, and most (not all) of the channels on the 97w location dissapear from my pansat2800a. When ever I switch back to the 97w location on my globecast receiver, all the channels return on the pansat. Is there any reson this could be happening. I spoke to someone who said that my diseqc switch and splitters would need to be removed, and I would only be able to watch tv at the two locations (because of my 2 lnb receivers). I really dont want this to happen, because I was about to purchase two more pansat's. Is there anyway I can continue watching the 3 dishes at 4 seperate locations. PLEASE HELP. And thanks in advance for any advice!

The 2 lnb output is being split into 4 seperate signal outputs for 4 seperate rooms.

I spoke to someone who said that my diseqc switch and splitters would need to be removed, and I would only be able to watch tv at the two locations (because of my 2 lnb receivers).

how are you using diesqc switch and splitters ?
maybe you should be using a multiswitch & diesqc switches

Here is the easiest way to have it wired. Then all 4 recievers can access all 3 LNB's
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1344315-post8.html

I dont mean to sound rude, but is there any way you could tell me the setup for my specific needs. I am not so intelligent on these issues, and I want to have the exact requirements.

I have 4 receivers
And i have 3 dishes and each of those dishes have a 2 lnb output.

Thanks so much for any help

If you check the picture on the attached you need the following
3 dual LNBS (you mentioned you already have those)
4 diseqc switches (well one for each receiver...sounds like you have those)
a 4x4 multiswitch & a 3x4 or 2x4 multiswitch OR qty 3 3x4 multiswitches

I guess the best thing to do is to see what you already have for switches etc. Check where they are and let us know. You may already have this setup.

DirecTv? no
Dish? Yes

I have a few directv multiswitches in my FTA setup. They work the same

Dish uses their own switch setups so most of the time a Dish switch will not work...there are some exceptions like a DP34 (3 input 4 output) but that works with stacked LNB's ...what you have are unstacked LNB's

so lets stick with DirecTv multiswitches ;)

Sorry It took so long for me to reply.

I needed some time to figure out what setup I had.

I have 3 dishes. Each Dish has a dual LNB.

So 6 cables are coming in to the house. Basically 2 for each dish.

2 cables for 95w are going into one multiswitch

2 cables for 97w are going into one multiswitch

2 cables for 123w are going into one multiswitch

Each multiswitch has 4 outputs.

Each output of each multiswitch is going into 4 seperate Diseqc switches.

Now here lies the problem.

All my diseqc switches look the same.

All my multiswitches do not.

The multiswitch for 95w is a big silver heavy looking thing.

The multiswitch for 97w and 123w are both exactly the same and are considerably smaller. They are the size of splitters.

When I tune into a 95w location on one receiver, it does not interfere with the other 2 dishes. For example on the other receiver i can watch 97w.

When I tune into 123w, I can no longer watch any of the dishes in the other room.

Do you think the multi switches could be the problem here?

Thanks so much for your help!

The multiswitcher for the 95w satellite is big and silver and says this

aesp power pass
model vstms-34
3 input four way multi switcher
40-2050mhz

The multiswitchers for 97w, and 123w are identical and much smaller and say this

DMS international
sam-3401
3x4 multiswitch
sat 950mhz-2400mhz
ant-40-860mhz

I can watch 95w or 97w channels on any of the recievers at different locations at the same time. When ever i switch to a channel on 123w on one receiver it knocks out all the 95w and 97w channels on the other recievers. But it gets stranger, I just checked my reciever again, and while one is tuned into 123w, like i said most of the channels are knocked out on 97w, but surprisingly i can still watch al jazeera english and saudi tv 1 on the receiver tuned into 97w. I cannot see any other 97w channels. nor can I see any 95w channels. I feel like when i tune into a channel on 123w, it overtakes all the recievers, and gives it priority. I want to be able to watch any channel independently on any reciever at any time.

any ideas???
Thanks so so much in advance!

Last edited:
I like VoomVoom's idea. Give that a shot.

I did find your DMSI multiswitch. Yep, it's the real deal.

I didn't find your other item. And the term "power passing" doesn't sound right.
It may not be a multiswitch, or it may require power to operate properly.
(or it could be defective)
If you can give us a link to that device, maybe something will click. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts