Please Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scanner

Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I'm new to this Direct TV stuff and I have a Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack reciever and dish I was given. I just want to see if I can get a signal. No channels just know I can get a signal with this dish so I can use it with an FTA reciever I would like to get. I talked to someone today and they told me that if the switch is not being detected then don't bother going any further with setting up the dish. So today I proceeded to test the LNB or switch as the reciever calls it. I have 3 LNB that came with it and another one just like it and a single LNB. I have 50 feet of RG6 and I connected the cable directly to the LNB no dish just to see if the auto configure would detect it and it fails every time. I tried some other RG6 cable, nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with this reciever? Anyone else had experience with this? Obviously if I can't detect the switch with the reciever then I woun't be able to find the signal.
Thanks for any help.

scanner said:
I'm new to this Direct TV stuff and I have a Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack reciever and dish I was given. I just want to see if I can get a signal. No channels just know I can get a signal with this dish so I can use it with an FTA reciever I would like to get. I talked to someone today and they told me that if the switch is not being detected then don't bother going any further with setting up the dish. So today I proceeded to test the LNB or switch as the reciever calls it. I have 3 LNB that came with it and another one just like it and a single LNB. I have 50 feet of RG6 and I connected the cable directly to the LNB no dish just to see if the auto configure would detect it and it fails every time. I tried some other RG6 cable, nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with this reciever? Anyone else had experience with this? Obviously if I can't detect the switch with the reciever then I woun't be able to find the signal.
Thanks for any help.
Do you able to get into the menu and do the signal meter section ????

For FTA you need a larger dish than the 18 x 20 Phase 3. If you want to receive Directv that system will work but you need to find the satellites before it can do a switch test.

Yes I can get to the signal meter section in the menu, so now I understand that the switch can't be tested till there is a signal. I get it. Can a round Dish 500 with dual LNB be used for fta?
Thanks

scanner said:
Yes I can get to the signal meter section in the menu, so now I understand that the switch can't be tested till there is a signal. I get it. Can a round Dish 500 with dual LNB be used for fta?
Thanks

other than for the audio and NASA, no

Well I have the dish pointed, it's level, Skew/tilt is 52, azimuth 231, elev 44, but I see others here have it set between 50-55. I did small sweeps and nothing! What can be wrong? I think it's time for me to get a meter, so at least I know if there is a signal coming through the LNB?
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)