Please post your home theater pictures here

Yeah, this will work...

IMG_2605_zps4b4023f5.jpg

IMG_2606_zpsa1e0580f.jpg

Here are a couple shots of my H/T. I built this room when I built the house in 2001. There have been some changes in some of the electronic equipment over the years but the main room setup is unchanged.

Earl

Reactions: FTA4PA
Thanks, it's a 135 inch Stewart Ultimate 4 way screen. When I built the room there wasn't that much wide screen material available, so I wanted to be able to mask off for 4:3. Now I never use the side panels, just the top and bottom masking.

Earl

I know this thread is super old but I just looked through it all again. I'm super jealous of all the people who were able to turn a room into a dedicated home theater. I would love to do that if I had a suitable room in my house and the skills/funds to pull it off.

For now I just have to deal with a multipurpose living room and mid-range 5.1 setup. Hopefully my next home will be able to accommodate something like John, Angiodan, or Earl's setup.

You work with what is available. The setup I showed in post #1 is actually a curtained off alcove in a finished basement. Over the last few years I have worked to improve it by adding things like an equipment rack and a bar behind the recliners (work in progress). It slowly gets better, and most folks didn't create theirs overnight.

Even when it is multi-purpose, you can do many things to make it a proper space. I like my front projector, but if it isn't in the plans, you can still do a lot with a flat panel. TVs have come a long way in the last few years and stuffing the largest 4k panel that fits, along with finding less conspicuous speakers for 7.1 will do wonders.

You work with what is available. The setup I showed in post #1 is actually a curtained off alcove in a finished basement. Over the last few years I have worked to improve it by adding things like an equipment rack and a bar behind the recliners (work in progress). It slowly gets better, and most folks didn't create theirs overnight.

Even when it is multi-purpose, you can do many things to make it a proper space. I like my front projector, but if it isn't in the plans, you can still do a lot with a flat panel. TVs have come a long way in the last few years and stuffing the largest 4k panel that fits, along with finding less conspicuous speakers for 7.1 will do wonders.

Yeah, my setup is in a finished basement too but it's also my main living room. I don't think a projector is realistic there but I'd really like to upgrade to a 4K minimum of 65" TV. I'm just kind of waiting for 4K blu ray to hit the market first since the price will only continue to drop in that time. Of course, I will also have to trade in my Onkyo TX NR609 for something that supports all the 4K standards.

As for 7.1 sound, I think I would have to rearrange the room quite a bit to make that work. My receiver does support it but the back of my couch is against the wall. There is a ledge that could support 2 more of the speakers I'm currently using or they could be mounted to wall but they would be very close to our heads and the side surround speakers on either end of the couch.

I always intended to buy 2 more speakers when the pain from my initial 5.1 purchase wore off but it's been about 4 years now and I never did it.

Yeah, that's tough. When you upgrade the receiver, look into something with ATMOS. Then you can opt for height speakers instead.

I've had a severe case of upgradeitis all throughout 2015. Here is what 2015 turned into.

Out. Denon AVR-5308ci AVR. In. Denon AVR X7200WA
Out. 7.2 surround. In. 13.2 surround.
Out. Mitsubishi 65" and 73" HD DLP. In. Sony 4K 75" X850C.

Going Atmos pretty-much required adding another amp. An Emotiva XPA-7 was added to the existing Emotiva XPR-5 for a total of 3400 watts of amp power into 8 ohms. Only speakers I've added were a pair of DefTech UIW 75 for Atmos. I still have a bit more clean-up work to do.

NewHT_11crop.jpg
NewHT_12crop.jpg
NewHT_13.jpg

Reactions: osu1991 and dfergie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts