please read need help /advice . first timer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't think there's that many on 97, sounds like some of them got scanned twice maybe. Last week I scanned and got about 260 tv channels, and I think about half or less than that of radio channels. Congrats you finally had some luck with the setup!

thanks EVERYONE !!! turbo sat - i deleted ch's and re-blind scanned -- dropped to 479 ch. although some are showing $$$
nagra. closed down chevron up the road has a 4-5'dish i am trying to get .. thinking a c/ku lnb may work ok on this ..

ok step 2: should i add a h-h motor ? and looking into new stb -besides dvb-s2 ----- what do i need in it ? micro hd looks good , but seeing ALOT of negitive reviews lately ????

TheList - if they have a green background that indicates DVB-S2
seeing ALOT of negitive reviews lately
Really? where? Only thing I've seen is some trouble with a transponder. And AFAIK, it's been fixed, or there's a simple 'work around'.

So what did you learn?
What finally made it all come together for you?
Maybe the next newbie can learn something from your exploits. :)

Now, go out and put a stake in the ground at your property line so you know where to point to hit that spot when you make any future changes.

closed down chevron up the road has a 4-5'dish i am trying to get .. thinking a c/ku lnb may work ok on this ..
if it is a offset dish (not round) it is a good ku dish but likely a fixed one. but a keeper lots can be done with it. c/ku lnbf's are crap imo
8'- 10' round are the best for cband

ok step 2: should i add a h-h motor ?
if you get a motor buy a Stab 100 $150 but well worth t.
you have a 31'' dish my first small dish was 31'' note in my sig it is parked at 97. if you want to get the live feeds you will want a 1 to 1.2 meter dish.

and looking into new stb -besides dvb-s2 ----- what do i need in it ? micro hd looks good , but seeing ALOT of negitive reviews lately ????
we find troubles with all boxes.
but the micro hd is the only USA box that has a distributor that tries to fix problems with a unit in a timely manner. imo
good luck

Re: "a lot of negative reviews lately..." I am not seeing negative reviews, as much as a person who wishes to compare a '55 Chev convertible to a 55 foot semi-truck --- and you can chose which is which. The term that has been used is apples to oranges, but... oh well. Some complainer's creditability has dropped in my corner of the desert.

Brian is getting notified of something not scanning in, specific details, he verified it - AND is working on a solution - it will be solved. That is not a review,it is a bug report. A negative review of FTA equipment is the one where many people have the same problem, and have had for years - and the supplier keeps promising a fix - next week - 65 weeks in a row.... I have 2 of them. They actually were requested for my "on the road" needs. Unfortunately I am not on the road right now. But it met my needs when I was, and now that we have more daylight (aka solar power) I am getting them set up for fixed, off grid use and things are getting very promising as I solve the extremes in charging voltage / current challenges. It is not a bug that my clock was loosing date and time. A ni-cad battery pack incorporated into the power cord has regulated my power and has not lost time that I recall, since the day after Thanksgiving. (((Yes Brian, I owe you a review, and I am almost ready to resume writing it.)))

Really? where? Only thing I've seen is ...

i googled micro hd . several sites had negative post (multiple negatives)

So what did you learn?
What finally made it all come together for you?
Maybe the next newbie can learn something from your exploits. :)

best thing that helped me anole was the satellite AR app ! since i thought g19 was 97w and g25 IS REALLY 97w. lyngsat was a plus - using these 2 together helped me understand better !(lyngsat needs a update . some sats are wrong)
that and clearing out previous ch's before re- scanning so they do not overlap. and check -re-check everything . at the last minute i noticed that the lnb arm had a slight bend in it .
dont trust compass apps . once i got a good lock on a sat - i just made minor adjustments BASED on what the lock was (i.e. locked on 101 - slowly adj. to next sat . ) bad thing was even though i used 12177 v tp to get a lock - it never did (35% max) so i used sat AR /lyngsat to find right one and took the chance on a blind scan !! BINGO .. !!

lyngsat needs a update . some sats are wrong
which satellites?? And how, names, or the channels? I think they have the names at the proper location. The channels listed are not 'up to date' quite often.
g25 IS REALLY 97w
G25 WAS at 97w up until ~5 years ago. G19 replaced it and G25 was moved and is now at 93w. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_25 Sticky: What satellite is where?
Satellite Orbital Positions never change. The satellite there, or just it's name, will change. Guaranteed.
All in all, good to hear you 'got it'.

best thing that helped me anole was the satellite AR app ! since i thought g19 was 97w and g25 IS REALLY 97w. lyngsat was a plus - using these 2 together helped me understand better !(lyngsat needs a update . some sats are wrong)
that and clearing out previous ch's before re- scanning so they do not overlap. and check -re-check everything . at the last minute i noticed that the lnb arm had a slight bend in it .
dont trust compass apps . once i got a good lock on a sat - i just made minor adjustments BASED on what the lock was (i.e. locked on 101 - slowly adj. to next sat . ) bad thing was even though i used 12177 v tp to get a lock - it never did (35% max) so i used sat AR /lyngsat to find right one and took the chance on a blind scan !! BINGO .. !!
A compass is pretty much useless other than to get you in the general vicinity.I find the best way is to get your elevation set right,enter a known good transponder,or two, in your box,(check various sources),and then slooowly move the dish one way or the other till you get a lock.Once you have a lock,peak the dish and then scan.

G25 WAS at 97w up until ~5 years ago.
G19 replaced it and G25 was moved and is now at 93w.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_25
Sticky: What satellite is where?
Satellite Orbital Positions never change.
The satellite there, or just it's name, will change. Guaranteed.
All the more reason to use orbital location when discussing satellites.
If you want to also mention the name, and they aren't the same, maybe someone will catch your error. ;)
But since we're aiming at locations in the sky, you can see what makes the most sense. :up

My old Pansat 2700 still has it as T5. Always gets me feeling nostalgic when I use that receiver (which is when I need a meter up in the dish farm)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts