Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
Guys,

I am new to tuner cards, I just got a prof 7500, loaded the driver disk in my PC vista /XP it loaded fine. I have it slaved thru my open box running Cband only. I was looking for the getting started section or pointers on what software settings etc. Point ,e in the right direction.

Thanks

Ken

Now for the fun part, trying to find DVB software you like. I use MyTheatre, it doesn't support Prof7500 USB tuners. DVBDream is one of the most popular softwares for your tuner. SichboPVR has an STB like GUI you may find more to your liking. there are many others and IMHO none are very good, some are ok.

Thanks for quick response.

my main reason for getting it is for sports, in a couple of months i will get a skywalker will that work better? I will try your suggestions.

Thanks

Ken

The Genpix tuners are great. Very sensitive, I like them both. But no S2. SW3 S2 tuner has been a long time coming and no ETA yet. :(
I picked up a TBS tuner for blindscan puposes but they are not supported by MyTheatre either. I've been trying some other programs last few days on the hunt for a suitable DVB program like you.

the major problem with the dvb stuff is the lack of skull & crossbone users.... they drove the dvb programs to what they are & stopped when it went south... leaving the actual users with wants & no support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts