Polar mount main Axis angle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgeldelapaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Miami
Confused i have Polar mount axis angle at 26.42 my declination 5 degree 40' w latitude 25.8362 longitude 80.280801 how do i know how many degrees do i have to set my declination angle

Lat 25.55'50.4 Hialeah,Fl 33010
Lon 80.20'40.5
10' mesh dish polar mount
corotor II feedhorn c-ku band
My question is set up declination which i know brings dish down a bit, first when setting up polar mount axis at 26.42 when setting declination @ 3.73 degrees my dish only goes down to 10 degrees also it changes my polar mount axis i have real good pics from Global Satellite Chart--Geo-Orbit Quick-Look--Western Hemisphere--C/Ku-Band Footprints/Coverage, Specs (Design/Transponder/Bandwidth/Launch), Programming, Orbit Position/Inclination, Links i am doing something wrong but don't know what it is .Also due south were a aim located which is the sat that i could set the dish for .

mountdecadjr.gif

The axis bar should be set to your latitude, first you said 25.8, now you say (almost) 25.6. Yet you say you're setting the axis bar on 26.42, well that's wrong, unless your latitude is 26.42. Whatever your latitude is, the declination will be added to that.
That Global Satellite Chart you have a link for is old and outdated.

It should also be set while the dish is pointed to due south, as in straight up.

What do i have to put at 31 degrees the polar mount axis angle or declination "Still confused"Also the back of my dish is like the pic

My lat and long is what i put i Got it from goggle by putting my address's Lat 25.55'50.4
Lon 80.20'40.5 all the other stuff i got from geo orbit sorry about all the confusion i have been all day at this.

If you look at your first picture, the wide bar should be pointing directly north/south and should be set for about 25.6, and the mount circle is what should be set for the declination. It should be pointing as straight up as it can be. I checked and the declination for Miami is more like 4.3, so that would put the final declination angle at around 29.9 or 30 degrees.

Ok i am way down i do have it looking at magnetic south 180 degrees but i am off on polar mount and declination .I will work on it and get back with my results thanks for your help

Ok i am way down i do have it looking at magnetic south 180 degrees but i am off on polar mount and declination .I will work on it and get back with my results thanks for your help
Don't use Magnetic South, use True South

I'm at the longitude of just shy of about 84 degrees and have to use 184 on the compass to get the correct true south. Yours will be close to that, I'm sure. So, put the compass on 184-185 to get your True South.

I was reading inclinometer wrong dish is almost stray up i hit a sat 91 w before i was getting nothing i will fine tune on weekend thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.