Polarity rotation on DSR922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elzipa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Near Calgary, AB
My DS922 has an option to rotate polarity 90 degrees I have not used it so far bu I had to rotate my polarity to -90 degrees...What does it mean? would I be better off using the feature of rotate 90 degrees in main menu instead? could somebody explain please

Last edited:
76 views and no comments on my questions.... I guess I started looking for information on understanding polarity and ran into this nice information from Alan's Cband page: I post it because it is very interesting ...

xxx.pacificsites.com/~alanjudd/skew.htm

Also I found this other information related to polarity:

xxx.satsig.net/polangle.htm

On my setup with a LNBF I have to select "rotated 90 deg" to make the horizontal and vertical the proper polarity. I think it is related to what type of LNB or LNBF is fitted into the scalar and how it's indexed in place. The target of 0 deg skew is set at your true south satellite.

What type LNB are you using?

On my setup with a LNBF I have to select "rotated 90 deg" to make the horizontal and vertical the proper polarity. I think it is related to what type of LNB or LNBF is fitted into the scalar and how it's indexed in place. The target of 0 deg skew is set at your true south satellite.

What type LNB are you using?

Thanks for your response. I am using "ADL-RP3-CKu, PAT-8115, PAT-4106A"

Thanks for your response. I am using "ADL-RP3-CKu, PAT-8115, PAT-4106A"

the numbers on the LNBs looks like what im usin on my corotor wideband setup. . .both Norsat LNBs. . .if it is so then your setup should have a servo motor i believe and if it does then this is what i did with mine. . .i set the servo on my north/south line and skew my LNBs with the 4d.

I have a ADL-RP3-CKu myself. To get it lined up I set the servo pointing
at 2 o'clock and the ku-lnb pointing at 10 o'clock. And I set my 905 to 90 deg.

My DS922 has an option to rotate polarity 90 degrees I have not used it so far bu I had to rotate my polarity to -90 degrees...What does it mean? would I be better off using the feature of rotate 90 degrees in main menu instead? could somebody explain please

you should use the rotate polarity 90 degrees. That way you can set your skew adjustment at 0 and then fine tune in either direction. if your skew is set at -90, you are at the limit and have no more adjustment beyond that point. If your skew is set at 0 you have 90 degrees of adjustment in either direction. You wont need that much but ten degrees can make a big difference in quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts