Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 373 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 345 48.1%

• Total voters
Are all receivers supposed to get new cards? I have a 501 and 3922. I have not received any for mine.

Got home yesterday with the message that the smart card was expired, to install new card. I was not able to turn off the message. I have a 622 and have not recieved my new card. Called Dish CSR and he quickly got me up and running and said they will send out again? He said it will take up to 30 days to receive it.

Got home yesterday with the message that the smart card was expired, to install new card. I was not able to turn off the message. I have a 622 and have not recieved my new card. Called Dish CSR and he quickly got me up and running and said they will send out again? He said it will take up to 30 days to receive it.

Oh boy, sounds like CSR Roulette time again!

My dad was at a restaurant today and their TV had the expired smart card message too. He asked the owner about it and she said that she called them three days ago to ask about it and they told her it was in the mail. They didn't mention an ETA, and they didn't offer to re-authorize her receiver. Dad doesn't know anything about Dish, so he didn't tell her that she should've demanded a refund for the time she's not getting TV through Dish's own stupidity.

(Even if we assume that the card could've got lost in the mail, why don't they wait til everyone has their new cards and then turn off all the Nagra 2 authorizations at once? I don't know what's involved in supporting two encryption methods simultaneously, but I would think it would be a nuisance.)

Just checked my mail, and got mine today, I have the 622 done, but the 722 is recording Knight Rider, so have to wait.

I have 1 new card, 3 old ones. The 722 I got a month ago has the purple card, my older 622 and my 508's have not been sent new cards yet.

If they follow the same procedure with the smart cards that they do with software upgrades it will be another two months before I receive my new smart cards.

Has anybody with AT&T/Dish received the smart cards?

I haven't.

I am trying to unbundle so I can cancel my phone, but the process is taking forever. I suspect AT&T is dragging their feet as they know their phone service to my house is toast when Dish is off.

May parents, who bundle with Windstream, have no card, either.

I haven't.

I am trying to unbundle so I can cancel my phone, but the process is taking forever. I suspect AT&T is dragging their feet as they know their phone service to my house is toast when Dish is off.

May parents, who bundle with Windstream, have no card, either.

We'll be the last ones. Specially since AT&T dropped Dish, Dish will punish us. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)